Estella Warren

Escapes Jail In Crazy DUI Case

8/19/2011 3:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0819-estella-warren-2-EX

"Planet of the Apes" actress Estella Warren just got the DEAL OF THE CENTURY -- she won't have to serve ANY jail time for allegedly driving drunk, crashing into 3 cars, attacking a cop and then escaping from police ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ broke the story ... Warren had the night from hell back in May -- capped off when she slipped out of a pair of handcuffs at an LAPD station and tried to make a run for it.  She was recaptured ... and eventually charged with DUI, hit-and-run driving, battery on a cop and resisting arrest.

But today, Warren struck a deal with prosecutors, in which she agreed to plead to DUI ... and the remaining three charges against her were dropped.

Warren was sentenced to 60 months of summary probation and has been ordered to attend an alcohol program for 18 months. She will also have to fork over $1,908 in costs and penalties.

update_bar
5:06 PM: Warren tells TMZ, "I take my actions and their consequences very seriously. I can't express enough how grateful I am that no one was injured or hurt. Moving forward I am focusing all my efforts on my carrer, my family and being a good influence to others"

0323_celebrity_dui_footer

michael mcguire

ok attacking law enforcement should never be dropped period

joecrabs

Seems that anyone in California can do whatever the hell they want and no judge in the state has any balls to do anything about it. What a steaming pile of garbage that state is.

SuziQ

Don't know who you are, but you could be the next Lindsay Hohan- crossroads...

moe

another actress gets away with horrible behavior and ruining peoples property! really fair system.

Sandra

"I take my actions and their consequences very seriously." Really? If you took your actions and their consequences seriously you should've admitted to what you've done and taken the punishment, not get a lawyer to talk them out of jail time.

Valstann

this makes me sick to my damn guts..
this is bu||zhit.!!!!

featurestory

It's official the California court system is corrupt. Only a rich celebrity would get off with a slap on the wrist. Considering what she did I'm disgusted. Any non-celebrity would have had the book thrown at them. No deal would have been considered without manadatory jail time. I wonder who is going to receive check.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4