Estella Warren

Escapes Jail In Crazy DUI Case

8/19/2011 3:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0819-estella-warren-2-EX

"Planet of the Apes" actress Estella Warren just got the DEAL OF THE CENTURY -- she won't have to serve ANY jail time for allegedly driving drunk, crashing into 3 cars, attacking a cop and then escaping from police ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ broke the story ... Warren had the night from hell back in May -- capped off when she slipped out of a pair of handcuffs at an LAPD station and tried to make a run for it.  She was recaptured ... and eventually charged with DUI, hit-and-run driving, battery on a cop and resisting arrest.

But today, Warren struck a deal with prosecutors, in which she agreed to plead to DUI ... and the remaining three charges against her were dropped.

Warren was sentenced to 60 months of summary probation and has been ordered to attend an alcohol program for 18 months. She will also have to fork over $1,908 in costs and penalties.

update_bar
5:06 PM: Warren tells TMZ, "I take my actions and their consequences very seriously. I can't express enough how grateful I am that no one was injured or hurt. Moving forward I am focusing all my efforts on my carrer, my family and being a good influence to others"

0323_celebrity_dui_footer

bring back recent posts

..must be nice to be able to afford top criminal lawyers too buy your way out of jail...sucks for the other 99%!

don juan

i know she hot and rich but this case is worse then anything lindsey lohan has done!!!

Dragon Tattoo

Of course she isn't going to jail. That is not surprising at all in LA.

Snidly

Hi,I'm good looking and rich and young with plastic surgery,I can do anything I want and even kill someone and get away with it!

BouncersSuck

YUMMY

jeff

scary looking - phony lips, deer-in-the-headlight eyes.

Guaranteed, this won't be the last we hear from this nutjob.

writenow

You missed the Best part!
Who was her attorney?

justsaying

Why is anyone surprised? It's not as if she's Hispanic, Asian or Black. She knew that jail isn't reserved for goodlooking White women. That's why she pulled that stunt.

wisey

Its so comforting to know our judicial system treats everyone equally.

mannequin

What in the world did she do to her lips? What a strange world; when we can buy duck lips, boobs and butts.

VictoriaGirl

3 Years probation and 18 months of an alchohol program? Why was her punishment more severe then any other young celeb like lindsey, paris, etc?

Hollywood

5 years probation. Geez, that's a long time. On the other hand, she is not Lohan and the time will go by.

Estella, you can go back to D-List obscurity now.

TheHOLETruth

Well Celebrity Justice [$$$$] strikes again. I'm always taken back as to how Californians are so ambivalent at the social injustice of their courts... but it's the poor who are effed, and it's the poor who won't vote... so, why do I care?

MyOpinionOnly

That is SUCH BS!!!! For her to act like that, she DESERVES jailtime! I don't care how many movies she has made or anything. If you act like a drunk azzwipe and are beligerent and agressive with cops, then you don't deserve a frickin plea deal that drops all those charges!! I am really beginning to HATE celebrities that pull this BS off. GRRRRRRR!

Azzkicker

Oh yeah. I'm glad to see she got this amazing lindsay lohan VIP deal from the DA's office, because celebrities NEVER get special treatment... (please note sarcasm)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments