Hilary Duff

Pregnant and Dumped

from "Bonnie and Clyde"

8/22/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0819-hillary-duff-EX
Hilary Duff
just learned a cold, hard lesson -- Hollywood's not hiring a lot of pregnant women to play legendary bank robbers ... which is why she just got dropped from "The Story of Bonnie and Clyde."

Duff was supposed to play Bonnie Parker in the upcoming film ... but sources involved in the production tell us they're moving forward sans Hilary -- a decision that was made right after Hil broke her baby news last week.

We're told the director is already shopping for a new Bonnie, and the split was amicable. As one source put it, "Hilary won’t be available until next June. If we could wait we would.” Shooting is scheduled for this Fall.

If prego Duff isn't cool with the switch this could be another HunterTylo situation -- the actress who won a $4.8 million judgment when pregnancy cost her a "Melrose Place" role.

Hilary's rep has not returned calls.

Side note: producers are also looking for a new Clyde due to scheduling conflicts with Kevin Zegers. We're assuming he's not pregnant.

footballisus

Man she looks alot like Faye dunnway did when she did that movie. I dont see anybody coming close to playing the role like Hilary could play it!

ken

This chick is so smug, she deserves it.
Trying to make everyone jealous announcing her pregnancy on Twitter & sending out wedding pics of her big bash last year.

Good riddance, veneer-teeth.

tanner

The first movie was 1967. Before internet. Bonnie and Clyde met when they were 19 and 21 and were dead by 21 and 24. The younger audience should know the story. Back in the late 20's the boys got in trouble by robbing banks. Look at today's kids. What a era.

allie

she was dropped from the film way before she got pregnant- it was because she really wasn't right for the role

Suzzie Shawn

When you get pregnant, your tummy gets big, and you will be leaving the show for months to have the baby. Maybe, it wasn’t meant for her.

Shaw Capital Management

Victor G.

I know I'm late on commenting, but I think, as a huge fan of Hilary since I was 6, I know how well she would be for this role. She's supposed to play the role so why not wait a year. I mean, who cares if it's a later date.The directors will have time to change the story around if they want to. She's perfect for it and you can't change what's been done! ...............................Oh by the way Congratulations Hilary and Mike!:) I pray one day I'll get to finally meet you. I've looked up to you for 10 long years and it's been way too long! God Bless the both of you guys...soon to be 3 :)

stan de man

i say jenniffer garner & ben aflac...

ashley

Not a smart move of her to get pregnant while still on a contract, however question: Why the **** would it take so ******* long to finally announce shooting dates?!

And don't get it, to everyone that's got a problem with Hilary acting as Bonnie are you guys expecting her to just stick with rainbow or chick-flick movies all the time? How old do you think she is still? Jeez, give her a chance just because she has had more experiences starring in different genres doesn't mean she'd do bad in something she's trying out for something different finally (Which I'm happy for her).

Hilary, after your pregnancy I would really love to see you in a more action movie like Bonnie and Clyde! :) Screw the haters and keep doing your thang girl.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4