Toya Carter

BET Star's Hubby Arrested

For Bringing Gun to Airport

8/22/2011 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0822_wright_mug_EXDThe husband of Lil Wayne's baby mama #1 Toya Carter -- who co-stars alongside her in the BET reality show "Toya: A Family Affair" -- was arrested today at an airport in Atlanta ... after he allegedly tried to bring a gun onto an airplane.

Law enforcement tells TMZ, Mickey "Memphitz" Wright put his backpack through the X-ray scanner at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport -- and TSA agents quickly discovered the firearm and called the cops.

According to police, Wright had a valid license to carry the weapon ... insisting he had simply forgotten the gun was in his bag -- but it's still illegal to bring it on a plane.

Wright was arrested on the spot and transferred to a nearby jail. He is still in custody.

(504)

lmao he look scared as **** marshmellow ass *****

ree

TMZ-How about we not refer to Lil Wayne's ex-wife as being his "baby mama." How disrespectful.

Dee

Her name is Toya Wright, please show her and her spouse some respect, even if he is an idiot. He is a step up for her.

Dee

Kim

Why does race always have to be part of the issue? He is a man who done something dumb All races have people who do dumb things....

hedster

Whoa...has Tiny married T.I. Jr.? How could you be that involved with firearms that you "forget" a gun is in your backpack? Black men can't make those mistakes. Ya'll almost wake up with a charge; don't get them a violation to make it happen.

mrspink

damn memphiz..really!!!

TJONES

That's BS - I have a concealed carry permit and did the EXACT same thing at Atlanta airport. My dumb *ss had went to the range earlier and forgot I had it. They confiscated the gun and I got on my plane. I picked the weapon up when I got home.. Dude had warrants or something else going on..

Dimond

You just got married and now you in jail

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4