DMX

I'm Going to SUE

Over AZ Speeding Arrest

8/26/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0825_dmx_tmz_3EX
DMX
claims Arizona police had NO RIGHT hauling him into jail yesterday -- insisting there is NO POSSIBLE WAY he was driving more than 100 miles per hour ... and now he's ready to sue the cops!

X -- who was allegedly going 102 mph in a 65 zone -- tells TMZ, "I was going 85 miles per hour ... I know for a fact I didn't go more than 90."

X adds, "I'm used to driving fast, I'm a New Yorker ... but I constantly look at the speedometer when I'm driving ... I need to make sure I don't drive too fast."

The rapper says he knows he was technically speeding, but he feels the cops abused their authority by putting him behind bars ... even though his rap sheet takes longer to read than "War and Peace."

"I plan on suing ... and I plan on suing for harassment," DMX says ... adding, "I'm in discussions with multiple lawyers who are not afraid to go against the system in helping me clear my name because I have been harassed."

0825_dmx_mugshots_footer_v2

efnsteve

This is one smart cookie.

Patti

You have got to be joking me! He actually thinks he has a case?? Regardless he was going 85, so he says. Hey X~ You will not win. Good luck on finding a lawyer that would be so stupid to even think about taking this case!!

The Real JJ

I don't even know what to say anymore. I was rooting for him to pull through but this mf just don't get it. AZ PD don't play around. It doesnt matter if you go 66 in a 65 your still speeding they still give out tickets (it BS) but they do it. You said you were going 85 in 65 but your gonna sue them LOL You lucky you didn't get reckless driving ticket

Stone

Tell me this..when was the last time you've been arrested FOR SPEEDING? Im not sure the exact number this is but its at least the 4th or 5th time its happened i think. Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action. Im not condoning speeding at all but jail..seriously..sounds like harassment to me.

Deborah

He is such a Jackass!! ok so say he was speeding at only 85mph, driving on a suspended license is still a arrestable offense, the police can even impound your vehicle for 30 days or even sieze it, so go ahead and sue for going to jail, hes going to end up back in jail again anyway if he is on probation he just violated it by breaking the law.

JLo on Steroids

I live in arizona and everyone here goes 85. EVERYONE! not just dmx, when they run those plates they know who they are pulling over. We have some of the worst drivers i can promise you that. They pulled him over because they have an agenda. Keep making your album in mesa, dont let them push you out X

joecrabs

Damn, this dude is stupid.

Mark

He is speaking to multible lawyers because each one he goes to is smart enough to know the suit is bulls**t.

SeaThom

Man saying this guy is a dumbass isn't nearly enough. I mean is he really as stupid as he seems to be? I guess so. My question is is he delusional which onset at some point or has he just been brain dead since birth?

Mark

When you just get out of prison the last thing you want to do is get the attention of the police. How stupid is he?

Superman

Then go back to New York City where they walk, use subways, and pay for taxi rides! Only 45% of "New Yorkers" own cars and only 30% of them drive to work.

Lee

You've got to be kidding me! What a freak. This guy is a TOTAL waste, with no talent, and no way to get publicity except by pulling crap like this. I find it even more amazing that this freak can find other idiots to support his stupid complaint. Get an education freak, and become a decent member of society...but I guess you're too "smart" to waste you're time doing that.

Truth

DOUCHE BAG, SMH. THEY HAVE THE SPEEDOMETER RADAR AND CLOCKED. HOW CAN HE ARGUE THAT IN COURT?? HE STILL SPEEDING, WISE GUY...

AntiSocialForum.com

"but he feels the cops abused their authority" come on man? When has a cop EVER abused their authority?

joelzwilliams

why does any celebrity drive? if I were his agent I would hire a person just to drive him around. I mean if he's making an album that seems like cheap insurance on the record company's part.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments