Seth Green

Now 50% Less Jewish

8/28/2011 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0826_seth_green_launch
Seth Benjamin Gesshel-Green will soon be half the Jew he used to be  -- TMZ has learned the actor is dropping his mom's maiden name "Gesshal" ... and sticking to just plain Green.

TMZ has obtained the petition filed by the "Robot Chicken" producer in L.A. County Superior Court this month -- asking a judge to legally shorten his name to Seth Benjamin Green.

Seth claims the reason for the name change is "to reflect my professional stage name."

Now -- just like Mr. World Peace -- Seth is required to print a public declaration of his new name in a local newspaper once a week ... for 4 weeks in a row.

He's due back in court on October 20 -- so the judge can make the change official.

TMZebra

Just yesterday we were reading about Goldberg -- the most famous Jewish wrestler of all-time! Something tells me there's Jews at TMZ. Jews.

moveover

Bring back "GREG THE BUNNY"! (the funniest show Seth was ever in)

some guy

What a Joker.

Julie

WOW, your mother/her side of the family, must be so proud. This is something I would never do to my Mom.

Everyones~A~Star

Seths hot.

heather

He still would be 100% Jewish because his mother is a jew. The last time I checked GREEN is still a Jewish name.

Scudrunner600

Seth is Jewish? Where have I been?! Huh?!

inkiebud

Hey Seth!!! JP from the Toro Crew is trying to get ahold of you!!!

Pat

I'd rather we cut him in half and get rid of it that way. I feel bad for men who carry both names of their parents, it seems really feminine. Which is why I think it really fits him.

fifi

He must be really mad at his mom to go to the trouble of legally removing her name from his.

kr

Talk about kicking your mom in the teeth!

Gloria Unread

"Seth is required to print a public declaration of his new name in a local newspaper once a week ... for 4 weeks in a row."

WTF?!? What if the reason you want to change your name is because you're being harassed (and not in a legal 'restraining order' way.) You still have to announce the name change to the world?!

That doesn't sound right. You shouldn't be legally obligated to tell your local community sh**.

boogersarecool

OZ!!!

udumshitsattmz

a name doesn't make you Jewish you ignorant *****.