'Barbershop' Actor

I Was Kicked Off Plane

Because I'm Black

9/1/2011 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_united_michael_colyar_getty_EXD

United Airlines is investigating a complaint made by an actor who appeared on the TV show "Barbershop" after he claimed he was kicked off of a flight simply because he was black.

Michael Colyar claims he was booted from his flight at Dulles International Airport in Virginia after he refused to allow a flight attendant to move his luggage from the overhead storage bin ... so a white passenger could stow her bag there instead.

Colyar claims the flight attendant gave him dirty looks when he denied her request -- so he inquired about filing a complaint. That's when Colyar says he was approached by security, who removed the actor from the flight.

Colyar blogged about the incident ... saying, "The flight attendant and her friend got just what they wanted, the n**ger off the plane. I'm sure they feel a great triumph in putting an uppity n**ger in his place."

He adds, "At the least I should be suing United Airlines for theft of services, public humiliation and defamation of character."

United Airlines tells TMZ ... "As a global airline with a diverse workforce, United has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination and we take every such matter seriously. We spoke to Mr. Colyar  Wednesday so that we can address his concerns, and committed to get back to him as we learn more from our coworkers and other customers onboard.”

Sources connected to the incident tell us multiple passengers have been interviewed about the situation -- and several people said Colyar was loud with the flight attendant and had become an unruly passenger.

Me

Funny how people try to use the racist slur to get attention. I am sure that He was not discriminated on for being black. How ignorant does that sound? I work for American Airlines and his story is Redundant. I love all people and being a different skin color doesnt mean anything in this day and age. You know people wanted to see change by voting in a black president (Obama) I am totally for it but people voted him in for the wrong reason.... Look where we are now... I am so sick of people throwing in to our lives race. Its is sad and No because you are black are you treated any different... I cant wait to see if he actually gets millions from this... Bet a Hundred bucks he he does... Makes me sick.

jude

ever stupid

choppy

Nice language in your blog. Who's the racist?

mike

of course... it has nothing to do with the fact that you were probably a pain in the ass... it's because you're black.

smitty62

Ya know, over my life I have learned that when things don't go the way the black people want....."pull the race card" every dam time... either deal with your individual choices or stay home!! 99% of the time the trouble you incur is brought on by yourselves...get over it!!

H.T

SICK OF THIS SAME OLD ****!!! GET A LIFE AND GROW UP

Jade

This guy is a total racist. He gets to get away with it though. I find racism disgusting, and it is inexcusable period.

Rich

This is the same old story...OVER AND OVER. Get a life!!!!!

coathanger

What is this? The 50's?

ack9999

Here we go again! "It's because I'm black.." No it's because you're an *******!!

Hep

My relative runs a clothing store. Whenever the black security guard catches a black shoplifter, the shoplifter acts all sheepish until my relative (who is white), comes into the office to talk to them. Then they get all hot and bothered and scream that he's hassling them because they are black and the security guard is an Uncle Tom. He says it happens almost every single time.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

surly mf'' er

Abe

Hey Colyar. There is no way I believe your story. I can only imagine how belligerent and unruly you were on that plane. I feel sorry for the flight crew that had to deal with you, and hope they sue you for mental anguish.

x

Reckless

I guess Vance Gilbert was playing the race card too, right?
Or, just so happen to be a coincidence, that both individuals were either leaving, or going to Dulles International aboard a United Airlines flight.

The irony here is almost laughable -almost, seeing so many over-react in their comments, in the same manner in which they're accusing Michael Colyar of behaving.

It's not so much the removal of the bag that he had issues with, as he did with being escorted from the plane for wanting to log a complaint.

And since we're going there, it's been my experience that white people complain more that anyone else; and more over the top too. But I guess when you're privileged, you have the right to, and when you're not, you need to know your place.
(http://arlington.patch.com/articles/arlington-man-pulled-off-united-airlines-flight-claims-racial-profiling)

Hanging to da lef

NOOOOO, you where kicked off the flight because you look stupid in that hat and purple suit!