'Barbershop' Actor

I Was Kicked Off Plane

Because I'm Black

9/1/2011 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0831_united_michael_colyar_getty_EXD

United Airlines is investigating a complaint made by an actor who appeared on the TV show "Barbershop" after he claimed he was kicked off of a flight simply because he was black.

Michael Colyar claims he was booted from his flight at Dulles International Airport in Virginia after he refused to allow a flight attendant to move his luggage from the overhead storage bin ... so a white passenger could stow her bag there instead.

Colyar claims the flight attendant gave him dirty looks when he denied her request -- so he inquired about filing a complaint. That's when Colyar says he was approached by security, who removed the actor from the flight.

Colyar blogged about the incident ... saying, "The flight attendant and her friend got just what they wanted, the n**ger off the plane. I'm sure they feel a great triumph in putting an uppity n**ger in his place."

He adds, "At the least I should be suing United Airlines for theft of services, public humiliation and defamation of character."

United Airlines tells TMZ ... "As a global airline with a diverse workforce, United has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination and we take every such matter seriously. We spoke to Mr. Colyar  Wednesday so that we can address his concerns, and committed to get back to him as we learn more from our coworkers and other customers onboard.”

Sources connected to the incident tell us multiple passengers have been interviewed about the situation -- and several people said Colyar was loud with the flight attendant and had become an unruly passenger.

BW

[IMG]http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae229/houstonb66/Obamaracism.gif[/IMG]

Cooley

You should be able to express your disagreement with a flight attendant's request without getting thrown off the plane. What is this, nazi germany? Don't question "authority"? WTF. Overblown.

Fat Mike

Black people who use that word, who then say "white people aren't allowed to do it" are the biggest racists of all. Colyar is just a typical racist pig.

eve from eden

He sounds like Patti Labelle who said a white boy got too close to her ugly overpriced luggage and had three goons attack him. She said the boy called her a ******. Video proved she is a liar. Among other things.

buckeye70

Another black, bigoted, racist playing the race card when they don't get special treatment. A man right after Rev. Jeremiah Wright's heart

Claus

I hope United sues him for these ridiculous claims. Sounds like yet another black person yelling racism because he didn't get special treatment. I hope someone taped the incident so we all can see what an ass he made of himself on that plane. F that guy.

Kari

I agree with anyone who says "GET A NEW EXCUSE"---not buying it, buddy. I think they probably had to get an obnoxious person off the plane. Really, this excuse doesn't work anymore. Get more creative, if you are this desperate for attention.

mamar

Another stupid ass always playing the race card, am so sick and tired of their bull crap. Many times i have been on flights where they remove a bag to make room for a larger bag and put my bag in another compartment, it's called "life", stop playing this game as you only make u*****e you more and more everytime you do it.....God does like "ugly"

Mikey

What is ya, ignorant? Of course black people are not allowed to fly. I'm just wondering how he got on the plane in the first place. Very sneaky people some of them.

Jenna

This is to Observer, who wrote the following:

This guy won the top prize on Star Search back in the day. $100,000 and he gave every nickel of it to the homeless. Anyone that generous can't be all bad. Everyone has bad days. Godspeed Michael Colyar.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He gave HALF his winnings to "Los Angeles charities," but there us no record I can find of just WHO those "Los Angeles charities" are. He's a freaking relic; the days of "....... because I'm black" are over. Blacks MUST stop using the N word. I made sure my daughter never heard that word. But when she was 5-years old, I gave a ride to a coworker who is black and she threw the N word all over the conversation. I finally had to ask her to please stop; that we tried so hard for her not to learn that word. Yet here was my black co-worker introducing that word into her vocabulary. Blacks don't like it coming from others but they need to stop it themselves!

rickj909

Go ahead white people, go nuts talking sh*t about black people because of this story. Boy white people LOVE these kind of stories so they can talk big sh*t about black people and get out all of their pent up aggression. And of course this story has to be BS because there is no racism in this country. Who exactly are these so called racist people because if you ask a white person if they are racist they ALL say "NO, not me but I know other white people that are." I also love the way white people turn there whiteness on and off depending on the situation. Remember when that rap music and sagging pants used to be a ghetto hoodlum thing. Now it's a pop culture white suburbia skinny jeans thing. Don't get me started!!

Nikkcolle

Yawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnn

moe l.

How many times are these people allowed to play the "Race Card"???

Kyle G

"Have we got a vacation for you...for you...for you...for you...for you."

Picframer

This guy is so washed up I can't even belive TMZ put his face on their website. His glory days were preforming jokes on the boardwalk of Venice Beach CA. in 1988, I'm betting he was loud just to get some free press, I've seen him and he is quick with his come backs so I bet he was rude and over the top. Google him, then don't go see him, he's about as done as last nights dinner.