'Biggest Loser' Competitor

In Critical Condition

After Falling Several Stories

9/8/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0907_sam_poueu_biggest_loser_facebook_ex
One of the contestants from "Biggest Loser" Season 9 is listed in critical condition at a San Francisco hospital, TMZ has learned -- after plummeting several stories from a building on September 3rd.

It's unclear how he fell -- but sources close to Sam Poueu tell us ... he suffered a pelvic injury, torn ligaments, a punctured lung, and a broken leg during the accident.

According to sources, Sam -- who was a fan favorite on the show last year -- is currently recovering in the ICU -- but while he's listed in critical condition, we're told he can still recognize visitors.

Dr. H from "Biggest Loser" tells us, he can't make specific comments about Sam's current condition -- but claims Sam is doing better every day.

Ron

Why cant this happen to Obama or Holder??

Nita

OH woww My prayers goes out to his family. I am very big fan of him and his brother! Goshhh they are so awesome and they have such a big heart! They are all about family and that is the main reason why i fell in love with him on the show! My family lovesss him so much. Get Better Sam...I know you will make it out like a soldier! Remember God is the creator of the universe! Nothing is too great for him....Get Better and God Bless U ; - )

RobinPickles

my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

everyone else who has sour things to say.. I pity you

Gigi

It isn't necessarily suicide people. There have been a few construction accidents in the city recently. One in particular when a concrete pour on the roof caused a collapse and sent workers in a stair well plummeting several floors. Perhaps he is working in construction and was involved in one of these accidents?

Sambelina

Oh no! Sam was my favorite of the season..hope he recovers quick! :(

grumpiestoldman

Wasn't he the one who was going to marry the girl that was on his season?

Mikey

If he stayed fat this wouldn't have happened.

Barock Obama

At least he had all that fat to help break the fall

elvis

Most of these posts are totally idiotic. Sam is in critical condition and lame people who have nothing better to do are assuming he chose to put himself in this situation. I hope God takes mercy on your soul.

Staceyann Dolenti

I'm a huge Biggest Loser fan and Sam (and his cousin) is possibly my all time favorite contestant(s). My heart and prayers go out to Sam and his family.

Stacey ann Dolenti

Jenn

I can't believe some of these stupid, hateful comments. Sam has lost a ton of weight. He is engaged to be married and he is a personal trainer at the Biggest Loser Resort in Malibu. We don't know the details and most of you look like idiots for what you are typing. Get well Sam. Positive thoughts coming your way.

fishbutt

Have'nt we all fallen off a building or two. Yeah right, dude jumped.

GMH

I've met Sam and was even trained by him a few times. He is a great trainer, in great shape and loves the live he created for hime. Very, very nice guy, and very much in love. He is happy and in love. Please don't post or say anything bad about

Leo V

Wow, I can't believe how people can leave negative comments. This brother has encourage thousands of people to lose weight and become healthy. We all stand together in prayer and best wishes for a full Recovery. May the lord bless him and restore him.

Hardy

See, being fat ain't the only thing that might kill ya.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments