'Toddlers and Tiaras' Mom

Baby Hooker Outfit Is Harmless

9/7/2011 11:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0907_toddler_tiaras_EX
The mother of the 3-year-old girl dressed as a prostitute on "Toddlers and Tiaras" tells TMZ, she's a good mom -- and insists "no harm was done to my child" by dressing her as a hooker.

Wendy Dickey tells us, her kid had no idea what she was dressed as anyway -- and the costume was "less revealing than gymnastics wear and swimsuits."

According to Wendy, the hooker outfit (below left) -- based on Julia Roberts' character from "Pretty Woman" -- "is a lot less harmful."

Wendy says she dressed her daughter as the "classy" Julia Roberts from the end of the movie as well (below right) -- but TLC edited that part out.

0907_toddler_tiaras_sub
Wendy says, "I'm raising my child just as well as any mother does ... I take my kid to church every week ... at least I'm not forcing them into sports and getting my child injured like some parents."

Wendy adds, "People need to look at their own family and what they're doing. I don't know why people are focusing so much on pageant moms when there's much more harmful things people are letting their children do!"

Chuck

The mom's are stupid, stupid, stupid....and the TV show is stupid too.

Mayu

and before any "pageant" mom slams me for my opinion, I actually won many child pageants. But back in my day there wasn't fake hair, and only very light makeup was allowed. Clothing had to be age appropriate as did any routines for talent. We weren't babies made to look like grown sexual objects. We weren't 3 years old, who looked like we were 30. I have pictures from when I was in the pageant, and I looked like a pretty little girl. Compare that to that to today's pageant girls who looks like their 30 and have been around the block a few times. Pretty and cute was Shirley Temple. Now they want their kids to look like 3 year old playboy models. Pageants have gotten very sick. especially the Glitz pageants.

mrzvalencia1

WoW! Someone should force her to be steralized if she is doing this to her 3 yr old! There are Tons and Tons of Pedohiles out in this world and she dressed her 3 yr old daughter in this on national telivison! She should be ashamed of herself! Someone give her the mother of the year award bcuz she sure deseves it!(NOT!)

Zell

If that kid thinks it's appropriate to dress that way, it could lead her down a bad path. I am not a fan of child pageants, I think it is only in the interests of their mothers, and not the childs.

MandyMac

SICK SICK SICK! WTH are these mothers thinking????

DivaMarcell

Not sure what her point is about "at least my kids are not in sports getting hurt." Any excuse to try to excuse what she's doing. I call it CHILD ABUSE!

paigehop

It's relieving to see that there is still a shred of morality in society, by reading these comments.

Carrie

"her kid had no idea what she was dressed as anyway"
It isn't about what your kid knows it is about what all the disgusting pedophiles know. You may think you are parent like any other parent but I am a mom who would NEVER advertise my daughter as a prostitute to be drooled over by dirty old men. Do you not even realize how many little girls are abducted and raped. Next time you dress your little princess up and trot her out on national television, picture in your little mind all the filthy pedophiles that pleasure themselves to her picture.
Shame on you!

sunshinerad

This is out of hand.

kyr

Shame on TLC doing this series. Exploiting children. It does not matter they wear a full gown and cover themselves all up or not. These little girls look like pint size adults! And we wonder why our kids grow up to be self indulgent and expect entitlement.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Really. This mother knows that a prostitute is a person who gets paid to have sex--Julia R's character was a woman who got paid to have sex. And she can't see why people have a problem?? Here's a fun fact....when Jon Benet Ramsay was killed, they showed her picture, I recognized her and her name right away because she had been on tv before, on a talk show, her killer probably saw that show too. I bet sick feck pedos wack it to Toddlers and Tiaras.

Amy

There is a difference between a gymnastics outfit and a hooker outfit. Who cares if the gym outfit is more revealing. One is supposed to be innocent while the other, is well, an effing hooker outfit.

Whitey

Is that the same kid in all the photos? Man... that first one with mom, who obviously does all this because she's fat now and probably was as a kid, ought to be having that kid tested for downe's syndrome instead of doing pageants.

Ann

This "mother" is delusional that these pictures are harmless Just wait until this girl(excuse me) toddler sees these pictures when she is old enough to understand!! Lord help her if she sees them as a teenager...Mom can't complain if her teenager dresses like a slut..! PP

Angie

ok why is she getting on parents who have their kids play sports at least they are out there getting exercise and learning discipline and what exactly is your daughter doing? wearing alot of make up which will age her skin and when shes a teenager shes going to look alot older and i thank god my mom never made me do pageants cause some of these women are too serious about it thats just teaching your daughter to be stuck up and full of themselves thats my opinion.