Marty McFly Shoe Buyer

It Was a "Spur of the Moment Decision"

9/9/2011 12:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0909_tiny_tempah_ex_4
The British rapper who dropped $37,500 on the badass new Marty McFly kicks tells TMZ, he wasn't planning to buy them at last night's L.A. auction -- he just got caught up in the moment.

Tinie Tempah tells us, "It was a total spur of the moment decision. I was really touched in the moment by the presentation and next thing I knew I owned these iconic sneakers."

Tinie -- a longtime sneaker-collector -- says he's also a HUGE fan of "Back to the Future" ... so the shoes "were an all-around great purchase that will go on to help [The Michael J. Fox Foundation]."

Tinie adds, "I feel fortunate to be able to help."

brandon

lol great purchase for a great cause lol. my ass . if u really care u dont buy this at public auction... u donate with no mention of your name... thats balling not this

tmz posters dont know sh1t

Hello there, I am one of the racist regulars that post on TMZ.com ! U know...the type of chump who smiles in black co-workers & fellow students' faces all day, then come home to my computer to get that good ol' racism cracking with my phony self. Well originally, I saw the headline, black + rapper + sneakers...so you just KNOW i had to click on this story to release all thi*****red in me. Then i read that it was going to a good cause so I, as much I didnt want to, had to pull back on my original comments! I will bottle it in & save it later for another "black post" because I have no ******* life, & thats what I do. I am phony as ****! I really have respect for the down south racists, at least they come right out & tell people they "dont like their kind"...meanwhile I have to mask it with fake smiles. Thank you for letting my white a$$ share this with you. I am only speaking for the majority of you who would've just loved to RIP this Tinie guy to shreds. (Knock on wood) maybe he will do something minor I can go ape **** over in the coming weeks. :) goodnight now, my white knights

icantbelieveitsnotbutter

As far as tax deduction for charitable goes. Seeing he received something for his money, you have to determine the value of the item, deduct it from the price, and that is what you can claim. So in this case, the value is what he paid, so no tax deduction.

Eire O Callaghan

Hey there USA I am from Ireland and Tinie Tempah is an amazing artist, we are so used to seeing him over here that this story dont surprise us, he is so talented and has lots of Number 1 hits under his belt. Check out his song "Wonderman" with the gorgeous Ellie Goulding and check out the line "I couldn't even buy a pair of trainers" there was a time in Tinie's life where he couldn't afford things like that he has worked very hard to get where he is today. BIG UP DA MASSIVE RESPECT TO DA LONDON POSSIE KNOW WHA' IM SAYIN BLOOD!!! BRRAP!!!!!!

I Chinee

Never heard of this guy.It must have been a slow day at TMZ to have 3 posts about this.

Cliff

As a Parkinson's patient I say "thank you" to Tinie.

Hova, Yeezy and Weezy: time to step up....

knickfan212

Next year he'll be trying to sell them because he's broke !

Shannon

Atleast the money going for a good charity!

Regulator

The only thing I know about this guy is that he owns the Back to the Future kicks. Is he someone?

Dry Confidence

Seems like a win-win-win-win situation for the Michael J. Fox Foundation, the the British rapper, the Marty McFly brand name and the Back To The Future fans...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2