« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cam Newton

Jersey Sales SKYROCKET

after Record-Breaking Debut

9/13/2011 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0912_cam_newton_getty_ex
ALL ABOARD THE CAM NEWTON BANDWAGON!!!!!

After the Carolina Panthers rookie QB's record-shattering debut on Sunday, Cam Newton jersey sales are THROUGH THE ROOF ... TMZ has learned.

A rep for the team tells us ... there was a "significant increase" in demand for Newton jerseys on Monday ... adding, "We have sold out of some sizes and styles and have had to order more."

In case you missed it ... Newton put up 422 passing yards against the Arizona Cardinals ... the most from any rookie EVER in his NFL opener.

Have you picked him up on your fantasy team yet???

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

birdbath

One game. And they lost. Many more losses to come.

Murphman

Tom Brady wipes his butt with Newtons knowledge of football. The guys dirty and so is his father. The both know what went down in college. Patriots FTW!!

mike

Must be hard for you haters to watch Cam play on Sundays.

Mikey

They lost the game! Typical its better to look good than to win syndrome.

ImaDiva

I think its really a shame that some people cannot stand to see this young man be successful. The way I see it...yall fools caused him to go out ant play to perfection...yall thought he would be a 100% running QB, but he stood in the pocket and played like a pro. I am pretty sure he's studying film like a hawk and will come out next week and really make yall eat your words. The SAINTS is my team..and we are going back to the Superbowl, but I got mad love for CAM NEWTON...stop hating...bythches.

ImaDiva

BTW, my Cam Newton jersey is being shipped to me at this moment....Stop hating on him. I predict he will win multiple super bowls throughout his career. WE LOVE CAM NEWTON...WE LOVE CAM NEWTON...WE LOVE CAM NEWTON...WE LOVE CAM NEWTON...WE LOVE CAM NEWTON...WE LOVE CAM NEWTON...NEW ORLEANS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS FOR 2012..NORTH CAROLINA PANTHERS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS 2013....BYTHCHESSSSSS.

Mikey

I get a laugh outta douche bags who walk around with store bought jerseys. Right you there with the face painters.

Mikey

BTW Tom Brady threw for 517 yards last night. Not surprising.

zima

you mean "scam" newton?

Dennis Johnson

Yea he looked good......but they still lost the game..GO BEARS!

Kim

And they still lost, lost, lost the game. Kevin Kolb to Doucet 70 yard TD - Kolb to Jeff King 48 yard TD. Newton was to busy shaking his @ss and garnering penalties for his showboating. He needs to realize its not the cam newton show. GO CARDINALS!

moe l.

They're Carolina jerseys that say "Conceited ********" so everyone knows they're Cam Newton jerseys.

Stacey

If you weren't pulling for War Cam Eagle last year, don't start now. Hate fair weather fans.

jdub

Yeah he looked good but the Panthers LOST... barely but they still LOST :)

ImaDiva

TO STACEY: IF YOU ARE REFERRING TO MY COMMENTS...BYTCH, I MET CAM NEWTON IN 2009 WHEN HE WAS FLAT BROKE AND I DID NOT KNOW HE PLAYED FOOTBALL. B/C I NEVER WATCHED COLLEGE FOOTBALL...I THOUGHT HE WAS CUTE AND SEXY THEN, SO BYTCH SHUT UP! YOU SOUND LIKE AN INSECURE GIRLFRIEND..WITH YOUR JEALOUS HEARTED AZZ. DO NOT GET MAD CAUSE I MET YOUR MAN UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND HE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO FLIRT, BUT I AINT NO HOE OR A GROUPIE. I LIKED HIM WHEN HE WAS FLAT BROKE AND NEVER KNEW HE PLAYED BALL..YALL BYTCH WANT HIM FOR THE FAME AND MONEY....GO SUCK HIS DYCK..AND THINK THAT'S GONNA CONTINUE TO HOLD HIM.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments