Ryan O'Neal

"Dancing with the Stars"

Was Just Too Grace-Full

9/12/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0823_ryan_oneal_nancy_grace_ex_2
Ryan O'Neal said he backed out of "Dancing with the Stars" because of a bad knee, but multiple sources connected with the show tell TMZ ... he REALLY backed out because he can't stand Nancy Grace.

Sources tell TMZ O'Neal feels Grace has been "disrespectful" to his family ... claiming she has gone after Redmond, who has had ongoing drug problems, and even suggested the reason Redmond is messed up is because Ryan is a bad parent.

We're told Ryan really wanted to do the show, but could not co-exist with Grace.

Rogue Warrior

Nancy Disgrace would earn a lot more of my respect if she told her cult like following to combine a bottle of Tylenol with a 5th of vodka every night before bed!!!!!

LittleBIt

He's got a hell of a nerve putting ANYBODY down after the rotten-a** father he's been!!!! I'm glad you are not going to be on the show Ryan you piece of sh*t because I can't even stand to look at you. You are just too fat and lazy. How Farrah put up with a piece of dog sh*t like you all those years tells me SHE must have had something wrong with her. Go drop dead somewhere Ryan you pr*ck! The sooner the better.

John

One may or may not like Ryan O'Neal, but it is pretty hard to fault his decision. Nancy Grace is a disgrace to the legal profession (and I've been a lawyer for 34 years). She would rather railroad an innocent person than give them a fair trial, all in the interests of her own aggrandizement. I hope she is voted off Number 1!

JimmyB

Ya know what? He's entitled to his opinion. It's his right to stay away, after all. I'd probably do the same in his shoes.

Gigohead

Truth hurts right Ryan? He is a miserable excuse for a father and all he's brought to this world are 3 tormented kids as a legacy. Hope the circle stops with Tatum's kids. McEnroe did the right move, getting his kids away from these addicts.

Steve

Ryan O'Neil is a nut case and seems like a very nasty individual. My wife watches the OWN channel and we both were disgusted with how he treats his daughter and he's angry with everyone. We would not tune in for his show again because it's just depressing.

sPaNkdEnALgAs

I am so tired of these "woe is me" stories. I got to work with people I don't like but you know what? I still show up for the love of my party money.

Obviously, you didn't want to be on the show that bad...

Pablo

He such a jerk! What a cry Baby boo,boo,boo,boo......I think Nancy Grace is total sucks with a loud mouth smelling breath oh!

todd hilley

Nancy has a top rated show on cable, and liberals seem to hate her because they thind without her that people wouldn't know that Casey Anthony is guilty. the reason liberals think this is they would not know what to think if it weren't for the leftist media and wacky professors.

Steve

Ryan O'Neal has turned into a nut case. What a nasty man. I saw him on the OWN channel and hated the show. Don't know why people would tune in a second time for that crap.

lovinlife

Good riddance!

andi

ryan's scared of NAncy!! haha WHAT A ***** !!!! GO NANCY!!!

mich

At least someone is honest

Dan F.

Maybe Casey Anthony could take Nancy Grace's spot on DWTS? Oh, wait, someone might wind up missing....

mike

Awesome ... can_t stand that misery leach