Tupac's Mom

It Feels Like He Died Yesterday

9/13/2011 2:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0913_afeni_shakur_getty_EX
It's been 15 years to the day since Tupac Shakur was shot to death -- but his mother is still coping with the rapper's untimely end ... claiming she feels the same pain now she felt back in 1996.

A rep for Afeni Shakur tells TMZ, she's spending the anniversary of Tupac's death with family and friends in Northern California -- mourning her son's passing.

According to the rep, Afeni feels like it was just yesterday that her son was shot dead -- and the pain hasn't subsided even a little.

R.I.P.

0913_tupac_footer'

Here's The Truth

Hate to say it and not in the same words, but Mike has a point about these guys killing each other for no reason. I don't know if he is a racist like CCC said. I think he's just stating a true fact.

Brandt

It’s tragic to lose a voice so young, whose violent passing mirrored the culture he was so influenced by. I honored the memory of the poet and artist on my artist’s blog today on the anniversary of his passing with a new portrait inspired by his poem, “The Rose that Grew from Concrete.” You can see it and tell me how his music affected you at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-memoriam-tupac-shakur.html

DeeWA2010

1st RIP to TuPac.. 2nd I know what she means. I lost my son at 25 in 2004 to a drunk driver. VERY DIFFICULT... My son, and I, loved TuPac... I worked w/the youth in our community giving them positive activities and we had TuPac on all the time.

hundredproof

I had no idea she's an IFA practitioner...

Tracy

You are all sick in the head with your awful replies.

I think the saying is, especially when the topic is death, is; If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all".

I'm betting I'm the only Canadian on this board, bc u Americans STINK.

I just want to say he had a beautiful smile. He had a certain glow about him. My heart goes out to his family.

RIP brother xoxo

The Neko Nation

Sad but why didn't she be a real parent and teach him not to be a thug and a decent human being.

boner

Oh cut the crap lady. You knew your son was a ganster, you never raised him the right way, Try feeling the pain that have lost children in wars and on 9/11, those are our hereos. Your son was a piece of crap!!

Carl

Well it can be kind of hard to get past it when Tupac keeps releasing new albums every few years.

Dumba$$es

15 years later and yet his music is still 50x better than the garbage they have out today by these so called "rappers"

Butterfly

TO THOSE OF YOU who have made such CRUEL and UNFORGIVABLE comments to Mrs. Shakur about the tragic death of her beloved son, Tupac, SHAME ON YOU!!! Are you so blind you cannot see the pain in her expression and the tears rolling down her face??? Just what kind of ANIMALS are YOU??? Perhaps you should give some thought that, someday, YOU YOURSELF will lose someone you love more than anything else in the world and then, you may just appreciate what devastating loss others have experienced when they lose someone so close to their hearts. If you have any decency at all, you will quickly APOLOGIZE, on this site, to Mrs Shakur for your insensitive outburst! For a change, try it, you might like it and I will, personally, APPLAUD you. In case you are wondering, I am Caucasian and also, a mother.

Bippy

"Poor Baby" - Maybe she should have taught him right from wrong and who were the right friends to have and those to avoid !!! & The right crowd to run with and those you stay away from!

MP

I have no respect for her son, his music or the rap culture in general, but I feel so sorry for this woman. I wish her peace as time goes on, knowing she will see her son again one day.

Trevis Miho

Nothing but respect for Ms. Afeni Shakur. R.I.P 'Pac 6/16/71 - 9/13/96.

POPE

4 those who DISLIKE 2pac i got a song 4 u called "HIT'EM UP"

mike

RIP Tupac Shakur ,one of the greatest musicians of our generation. For the people leaving hateful comments,go choke on a ****. Seriously

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments