DJ Qualls

Vancouver Police Run-in

Caught on Tape

9/24/2011 11:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0924_pleading_launch_wm_ex
DJ Qualls screamed at a police officer after he was allegedly roughed up by the cop in Vancouver early this morning ... all while handcuffed and sitting on the sidewalk in front of a crowd of people.

TMZ has obtained video of Qualls after the alleged altercation went down, but while he was still in custody.

Qualls can be seen arguing with the officer frequently and eventually turned to the guy with the camera to explain his side of the story.

Qualls was eventually released without being arrested.

update_bar
The Vancouver PD tells TMZ they have not received a complaint from Qualls yet, but have decided to "proactively" initiate their own investigation. They've reached out to him on Twitter as well.

ChunkyLightning

That other dude in handcuffs looks like he got JERSEYED. Damn hockey fans!!!

NobodySpecial

The guy in the black tshirt looks like a trick. Qualls was probably cruising and some stuff went down with the cops when he wouldn't "move along".

"Do you know who I am?. I'm DJ Qualls, I was in a awful movie and I think I'm famous, that's who I am."

jb

this little dweeb needs to stop dissing' canada, he should go to mexico and try this shiz...dweeb...someone needs to smack him around, ALOT!

KnuckleDragger

Last movie I saw Qualls in was The Core. He's on a TV series that I don'*****ch. He's a 'D' list actor...not to be taken seriously.

KnuckleDragger

..and TMZ...you need to straighten out your word filter. When you screw up the comment don'*****ch...just because the word TWÄT is in there doesn't mean I'm using that word specifically. Catch the fück up, dudes. If I wanted to use profanity...I would!!

shellhell

Im canadian and our healthcare is not free its covered as a benefit through my employer otherwise most canadians pay for medical this little **** thinks he can come in to canada and get free healthcare and free publicity well as we say in canada get lost eh!

KnuckleDragger

DJ Qualls -- "Vancouver PD Beat Me Up for No Reason."

Dude...no matter where you go you're gonna get your ass kicked. Live with it!

tellmeaboutit

tmz, please stop pulling these people out of dumpsters and presenting them as news.

OhWowLike

I like Qualls. Hope he pursues a case.

thatoneguy

He should be happy he wasn't arrested in Fullerton!

Lisa

Slow news day???

Yamiguru

Police seem to be all over the news these days for beating people up. I guess the digital era makes it harder for them to get away with it. I hope these bad apples don't ruin it for the other hard working men and woman police officers.

canadasue

Never heard of this nasty little weasel. I lived in Vancouver for 17 years and know this area well. On a recent visit back, I noticed that the clientel on Granville Street is a little rougher these days, even though the area itself has gone more upscale. Late on a Friday night, the cops downtown have to deal with all the drunks going in and out of the bars, as well as all the crackheads/homeless mental cases in the all too close, Downtown Eastside. These cops have a tough job. If they cuffed him, he probably deserved it. I think he is just trying for a little publicity to inflate a dead/non-existant career. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, buddy.

CanucksRule

being that i'm from vancity, i know exactly where that was. right in front of cafe crepe on granville street. lol.

CanucksRule

being that vancity is my hometown, i know exactly where that was. right in front of cafe crepe on granville street downtown. lol. btw, there's really good food at that restaurant. very recommended!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments