Diddy Apologizes

"I'm Sorry for the Ignorant Way

I Represented Myself"

10/4/2011 6:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Diddy Apologizes
Diddy
claims he "backslid and regressed" when he shouted racial and homophobic slurs at a clubgoer in Atlanta this weekend ... and now the rap mogul is begging for forgiveness.

Diddy went to his Twitter page a few hours ago ... and issued an apology to his fans for the way he acted inside Compound nightclub Saturday night ... when he threw ice at a clubgoer, threatened to fight the guy ... and then called him a "n**ga" and a "f**got."

Diddy explained, "I'm sorry for the ignorant way I repesented [SIC] myself ... I have backslid and regressed. Forgive me for my ignorance. Pray for me pls. I know better and I am better."

He added, "I have a responibility [SIC] that I promise I will live up to. And I'm more dissapointed [SIC] in myself than you know. I will humble myself and learn."

TMZ spoke to the man on the receiving end of the slurs, Ricky Parker, who tells us he felt "humiliated and disrespected" by Diddy ... and claims he will no longer support the hip hop icon.

Parker tells us he couldn't believe that Diddy would attack him so ferociously, simply because he was drinking Grey Goose vodka that night and NOT Ciroc vodka, which Diddy serves as a spokesperson for.

Parker tells us, "You won't ever hear me support him from this moment forward."

1004_ricky_subasset_01

scott

I find it amazing that many of you are now just realizing what an ignorant ass this guy has been from day 1. He speaks like he has the education of a third grader. He can thank Biggee Smalls murder for his money and fame.

Helen

Dumb Ditty proved that having money does not mean you have class...or Self Respect... How about apologizing to the guy he disrespected..

Ronald Jensen

Diddy is and will always be a "THUG" and a pathetic human being.

paigehop

That you apologized - at all - tells me YOU ARE a n*gga and a f*gg*t!!!! WTH should he've apologized?! Ceptin to the homeboy he slaughtered?! Just stupid.

paigehop

BTW, WHERE THE FUG IS GLAAD AND NAACP?! HUH?! HUH?! Cuzin they pick and choose who they go after. Freakin charlatans!!!

paigehop

LOL and love the "pray for me" line! ROFLMFAO! Oh, the hilarity of these "celebrities"!!!! :DDDD

Warren

I love it, 15 years ago people debated if this man was involved in a murder and today he cries like a little baby for using naughty words.

nicole

he's already shown his true colors to begin with...back tracking now does no good in my eyes. I've never bought anything he stamped his name to, nor will I

Glenda

Diddy, is a joke. Not even with all that money can he clean up. No respect for someone like that.

Rasha

I went to HS with Ricky, and he is a sweet guy. Diddy is a dumb*ss! He apologized because he realized that he will have to be in DC in a couple of weeks to sponser a party and Ricky is a very well known promoter here. Especially at the venue that Diddy will be at.

cpakins

Maybe he should spend time learning to spell instead of almost getting an ass kicking.

Cardinal Ximenez

Well isn't that a surprise, I don't see a word about this on MediaTakeOut.com Go figure. But Cedric the Entertainer gets called out for having an affair with a white girl... and they call her a fat ass white girl. Of course thats not racist or degrading.

Nefertiti

They always are sorry after they say something they really feel and it gets them in trouble, to little to late trying to cover your a**.

PPC

Piddy is a chump, this dude he wants to fight, rather slap, is a kid and not a big one at that. If he wants to fight, pick on someone bigger or at least his size. This kid is probably taller. Piddy is 5'7, 160... and a beatch!!

Kmo

Don't think I'll be trying Ciroc now, what an ass.