« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Falcons Stadium Announcer

WAY TOO EXCITED

for Moment of Silence

10/10/2011 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It seems the stadium announcer in Atlanta never got the memo on how to switch from EXCITED VOICE to somber voice ... because dude intro'd a moment of silence for AL Davis on "Sunday Night Football" last night -- and he couldn't have been more FIRED UP!!!!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

brandon

u guys always try to stir up EVERYTHING.... AND YOU GUYS ARE THE REASON CELEBS GET KILLED IN CAR CRASHES AND WHAT NOT... THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS.... JERKS

Bryson

Duff man!!

Miss Piggy

I watched this last night too, and it felt odd to me. His voice is not excited, but it is not somber either. He could have been announcing a play by Aaron Rodgers in the same exact tone.

Mike Hunt

Uhh... Your kidding right TMZ???

Matt Green

You really think he is excited???? I would hate to hear what he would sound like if he excited when he announced something.
You ever think that at the beginning of the announcement he was trying to make sure he was heard by the loud crowd? This is some professional journalism here in this piece. Where did you go to school at to learn it?
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jessie52

I was at the game last night and there was nothing wrong with it. Slow news day.

dbag

wtf? XYZ...please repremand the snot nosed kid that actually post this crap...what a stretch of the imagination.

Jacob

This is the worst post I've ever seen from you guys. laaaaaaame

Dan

SOunds perfectly normal to me. Doesn't sound excited all to me. Must have been a slow day at TMZ so they had to create something to publish.

Allen

TMZ...you just lost points with me...you are simply starting gossip...no reason. I guess I need to start looking for yet another site to go to now....

Brad

This is really disappointing that TMZ keeps posting junk like this. This used to be my favorite site but I am really going to scale it back.....I cannot stand to keep reading the junk they put on this website anymore. This site is really sinking fast. Harvey if you are listening you need to shake things up in house or else your going to sink this website completely in a few short years.

My New Name

As evidenced by the comments of all of the others who have posted here, the only people who were "WAY Too Excited" were you people at TMZ over this clip. Dude, as you call him, was simply using his "announcer voice" to make the announcement He might as well have been telling the time of day. There was no excitement in his voice, just engagement - as an announcer he has been trained to speak in a voice that will engage people in what he is saying. It's cheesy, but definitely not inappropriate.

Jesse

Yeah, that wasnt that bad

alex

it really did sound bad when i watched it on tv but not so much on this video

TheTruthAsISeeIt

TMZ: Exactly what was it about the announcer's voice that you think is "fired up?" He wasn't yelling. Nothing he said appeared "excited" or "fired up" in the slightest. He wasn't disrespectful and his tone was totally appropriate.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments