Beyonce

Stomach Folding Video

Ignites Pregnancy Controversy

10/11/2011 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101111_beyonce_still

We know it sounds ridiculous ... but the Internet is buzzing with rumors that Beyonce is NOT really pregnant and she's wearing a fake stomach in an elaborate cover-up. Now, a controversial new video is fueling the fire.

Beyonce appeared on an Australian TV show this weekend called "Sunday Night" -- wearing a tight red dress that accentuated her baby bump.

But when B sits down in her chair, her bump appears to collapse inward, leading many to believe it's not B's real bump after all ... but a prosthetic device intended to deceive.

photo that started beyonce not pregnant rumors

So why would B fake preggo? There are rumors that she has hired a surrogate mother to carry the kid, so she won't have to put her body through the strains of pregnancy.

But color us skeptical -- because last month, Bey bared all during a vacation in Croatia with Jay-Z ... revealing what looks like a totally legit baby bump.

1011_beyonce_sipa2We called B's camp for comment -- but we haven't heard back yet.

So, we gotta ask ...

kaykay20

She said the other day she was due in February. That is still 4 months away. I have never seen anyone look that big 5 months in. The pictures of her standing up look like she could be between 7 and 8 months. I say she really is, but wearing a prosthetic to look like she is further along.
But the photo of her in swimsuit she has perfect abs. Wouldn't get that with baby either. Sorry b.

Grumpinmcpunkkin

...I'm thinking it's the dress. It looks like the fabric just folded instead of stretching when she sat down, likely got bunched up. ( i was done with TMZ but this caught my attention ) I will say that it seems she is a different size of pregnant every other day. One day, big baby bump. Next day, baby bump went on a diet. Next time bigger.

Carolina

It just looks like she's trying to make herself bigger than she really is. She might not be faking her pregnancy, but it sure looked weird that her stomach caved in like that.

Elise

Call me crazy but as a mother of 2, neither of my baby bumps had "muscles" showing through the side of my belly. The pic of her in the bikini looks realistic but not "realistic" enough.

shnook

It's fake she's just getting FAT!!!

Tiffany

I think she's pregnant, but I do think she's wearing a fake belly for publicity. No one's stomach grows that much in just one month unless you're near the end of the pregnancy and according to her she's due in February.

carol liles

i would say very prego lots of love and best wishes to you

Penz

Anyone thats been pregnant with a bump of that small proportion knows that when you crunch up like that to sit down you bump pushes towards your back more, that wasnt a fold of the bump that was a fold in the front of her dress over top of the bump pushing inwards towards her back anyone with half a brain could see that......... lol love how everyone LOVES a conspiracy lol funny watch again and youll see what im getting at.......

mlphipps

Maybe she is wearing a cushion type device to make her bump look bigger for some reason. I am 7 mths pregnant with my second and I'm not even that big. Your baby belly doesn't just fold in half like that. It's to hard to be flexable like a pice of foam.

jo

maybe the to posh to push or ""be pregnant 'thing.., like hiding a surrogate, and saying look how fab i am after baby???

EDITA ON STEROIDS

THE HO IS PREGO BUT SHE IS WEARING THE FAKE BUMP, FOR SOME ODD REASON. IDK WHY SHE IS DOING THIS BUT I NOTICE ONE DAY ITS SMALL AND THE NEXT ITS BIG, SHES GOING FOR SOMETHING WEATHER ITS SYMPATHY LIKE OH IM PREGGO LOOK AT ME IDK BUT SHES PREGO WEARING A FAKE BELLY. DONT MAKE SENSE

Amy

I don't know if anyone else knows this, but some sweater materials will conform to your body shape and hold that form when you bend over. I used to do this to my sweaters when I was younger because I could protrude my stomach to make it appear as if I were pregnant. The fabric is just folding over itself from being stretched from the baby bump...

Angela

Hum story is pretty fishy.. Just a couple months ago she was goin crzy dancing and singing like a crazy women. With hardly no belly. Now all a sudden she is that big. If you watch the video closly. Right before she even gets on stage when she is walking on set it does not look like she has a belly. She might have miscarried dancing all crazy at the VMAs.... DK

KarlaFish

I do think she is preggo, but I also think she is is using the prosthetic so that she has "lovely pregnant curves" in all the pictures.

laura

its the dress that is folding!