DMX

I've Finally Conquered

My Coke Addiction

10/14/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DMX Coke Addiction
DMX tells TMZ, he has finally kicked the drug addictions that kept him behind bars for years -- and he has his children to thank.

X tells us, coke was his greatest demon after his latest prison release in July -- "Everyone was taking advantage of me with my finances, trying to put me in the direction to fail. I have 10 kids. I have to drive them in the right direction, so I let the cocaine go."

The rapper -- real name Earl Simmons -- says God also helped him through ... telling us, "I am on a spiritual road to do right in my life. I am leaving out all negativity and going to stay on the right road to positive."

X's pastor tells us, "When [DMX] first came to my church he looked broken, sad, and full of struggle. Now you see a dramatic change. You see that the drugs and alcohol aren’t in his life."

Guy ain't joking -- DMX absolutely killed it at the BET awards this week (video below).

hotbitch

10 kids and 0 career. Way to go, DMX. He used to be the sh*t back in the day. Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Celeb Gossip Addict

Congratulations to him. Getting clean is a huge deal. The sky is the limit for him as long as he stays on the wagon.

TMZ Is Destined To Be The Next News of The World

X is still that boi. I wish him the best. Everyone was so excited when he came out bc it's X. The camera even caught Blind Fury who was rapping every word with X.

FITTOBETIED

Another entertainer, athlete with 10+ kids with 5 different mothers. great rold model. glad he has GOD in his life. good luck with the crack. and all the mothers of his kids, who now use the state to feed them, pay for medical, good luck to you. didn't you know what you were getting yourself into ? and not practicing safe sex, exposed you to STD's in addition to wards on thr state. good job. keep up the good work. maybe he has 10 more unaccounted for. all losers

Danni111972

I was on my feet at home! He was the BEST performance for me. Love me some DMX & so glad to see him looking like his old self. Can't wait to see what the future has in store for him.

scoot

thats awesome!!! I have seen DMX live and hes one of the few that sounds the same live as he does on wax!! One of the best of my time for sure...

SimpleMe

I love it! The pieces of hip-hop are finally coming back together! Great to see DMX getting himself together. Do a hear a Ruff Riders comback???!!! Hope so!

EMB

I like Pepsi better also.

21113d

Just looked at the vid; I'm 55 yrs old and I was FEELING all of that! Good luck DMX - your kids need you in their lives.

Me

DMX, is very talented I wish him the best

meow

Good for him, the reaction from the crowd was nice. Probably made him feel good. But yeah don't have anymore kids dude

Amy Soukenkova

Good for him! It's good to see someone who has struggled so hard come out on the other end. We should always encourage growth.

Ty

10 kids?? WTF? Where are these kids going to find work? Like overpopulation isnt the main cause for everything today, poverty, financial meltdown, environmental cr*p, even social tensions and disease. But people are just blind, no responsibility and have 10kids? man...

whatevs

10 kids? Quick! Somebody tie his d**k in a knot.

whatevs

P.S. Note to "cashlazy.com" guy. You're retarded, so stop posting your crap here. I'm pretty sure nobody believes your cr*p and OR wants to see it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments