Omar Sharif

Slaps Woman

at Qatar Film Festival [VIDEO]

10/27/2011 9:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_gcw2ofe1_0_3mf2iimg
Hollywood legend Omar Sharif lost his cool at a film festival in Qatar this morning ... and angrily slapped a woman right on the red carpet.

Sharif was at the Doha Tribeca Film Festival for a screening of one of his movies ... when a woman approached him on the red carpet ... and tried to take a picture with the 79-year-old actor.

Sharif -- who was nominated for an Oscar in 1962 for his role in "Lawrence of Arabia" -- lashed out in Arabic ... telling the woman to wait her turn ... and then slapping her.

Moments later, the woman smiled and posed for a photo with Sharif like nothing ever happened.

Watching from the video, it's unclear if Sharif made contact with the woman's face -- but one reporter who was at the scene tweeted, "Omar Sharif just hit a woman. Very stupidly, in front of a camera."

Sharif has a long history of getting physical with people -- back in 2003, he attacked a cop in a Paris casino and in 2007, he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery for beating up a Beverly Hills parking attendant.

Calls to Sharif's camp have not been returned.

chris

arabs

Jeff

Looks like Mr. Sharif was a bit confused. The two women in the video look like identical twins. He was probaly thinking, "I already posed for a picture with you!". Also, I don't think he was trying to slap her, he was just hysterical in his hand jestures. He may have waved his arms and contacted her by mistake. It appears that there was no harm, so no foul.

LESLIE KIRBY

I would have slapped the crap out of that old man. WTF is right. Really no one came in and just slapped him back. the old bastard.

juden

This is what old demented people do.

Anna

I misspoke- it was Sadam Hussein.. BAGHDAD — A lady reporter suffered a ... a question he didn't like — so he hauled her over his knee and spanked her! ... Saddam. Hussein. Journalist. "He was quite cordial and made sure my ...

michelle

She should have spat in his face and slapped him right back.

ceesa

douche

youssef keyat

first he didn't slap the woman and he got mad because photographers want to portray alon and after they got the photos he told her " ok now you can take picture with me " i explained because i'm from morocco

ceesa

douche.

jen

I think I could take him..

yessica

SHE IS STUPID, HOW SHE CAN TAKE THE PHOTO ANYWAY, I WOULD SLAP HIM, HERE IN COLOMBIA WE SAID "HIJO DE PUTA"

dan

It was just the wind moving her hair. Move along, nothing to see here.

Robataille

If this were Chris Brown.....

Mel

Oh holy crap! That old dude would have been on the floor! All 5' feet of my girl self would have knocked him out. So glad he did that on camera. But wait, is it ok to hit women in Qatar. Not being ugly I really am wondering what the consequences to his actions will be in that country.

wiptidoo

Classic Arab culture-men are king women are nothing. They treat women like garbage. Yuk