« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Terrell Owens 911 Call

Alleged Suicide Attempt

10/27/2011 10:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1017_terrel_owens_EX_01
TMZ has obtained the 911 call placed moments before Terrell Owens was rushed to an L.A. hospital for a possible pill overdose on October 6 -- and according to Terrell's assistant, T.O. was trying to kill himself.

During the call, placed at 11:02 PM, the dispatcher asks the assistant on the phone, "Was this a suicide attempt?" -- and she responds, "Yes, I believe so."

While she was on the phone with the dispatcher, the woman claims T.O. was "talking to his girlfriend, ex-girlfriend ... [I]don't really know what you wanna call it."

T.O.'s rep declined to comment.

T.O. was famously hospitalized back in 2006 for a similar incident -- when he insisted he had a bad reaction to painkillers ... despite reports he tried to commit suicide by swallowing 35 Vicodin pills.

T.O. later held a news conference on the matter and stated, "The rumor of me taking 35 pills, I think is absurd. I don't think I would be here if I had taken 35 pills."

1010_to_interview_sub_launch_2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Whateverbytch

...it's not THAT hard to kill yourself...I bet it's easier than getting a multimillion dollar football contract and/or plastic chicks to sleep with you...

Vince

Victoria

Maybe he read the bottle wrong. Instead of 35 pills, it said 3-5 pills a day.

texas mommy

i wish T.O. the best

stephie22

TMZ, leave this guy alone. Releasing this when someone is in such a bad state in his life is beyond LOW! Get a LIFE.

Strokadellic

He seems to be trying about as hard as Bernie Madoff and his wife did.

Denver

I'm sure he is thinking all the time 'PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!" And when his ego was too much for us to take, we didnt. So he "attempts" this suicide as a cry for attention. It still wont get you an NFL contract. Next time try harder. Your funeral will be televised on E.

Willie'sNelson

That's to bad. Nobody deserves to feel so bad. My heart goes out to him.

radicalred

Terrell Owens loves himself too much to commit suicide. This was just a half-hearted, attention-seeking attempt -- just enough to get his "ex-girlfriend, girlfriend, whatever she is" to come back. Too bad. He should down most of the bottle and leave enough for Chad Ochocinco. Both of them never being covered in the media again would be a dream come true.

lalli

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!

nof

This is not an easy time for T.O.

He wants to play, no one will give him a job.

He came back from career-ending surgery - he's in awesome shape - they say he's too old.

He's got bills to pay - he wants to pay them.

He wants to keep his house.

Give him credit for the balls he has and for the name he's made for himself -

Give him some respect for the career he's had up till now.

My last game as a collegiate basketball player was arguably the lowest night of my life.

Cuz then it's like now-what.

Something you've known all of your life - in fact your total identity - was as an athlete.

It's almost impossible to describe the darkness of this.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Too bad he missed, the PUKE.

sars

um - WHO? who is this clown?

electriczipper

doc murrry can fix him right up..just ask wacko jacko..oops cant do that..

Shardae

I just dont understand how people have all of this money and still want to commit suicide... I have a friend whom has no job no car and no place to live, yet havent commited suicide has he thought of it... probably but to try to commit suicude for whatever reason is the most selfish act of them all

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments