« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kim Kardashian

Filed for Divorce on

Anniversary of 1st Encounter

11/1/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

kim kardashian courtsideOctober 31 isn't just the day Kim Kardashian filed for divorce ... it's the same date that Kim met Kris Humphries for the very first time at a New Jersey Nets basketball game back in 2010.

TMZ has learned ... Kim was sitting courtside at the Izod Center in NJ when she noticed the 6'9" power forward running up and down the court ... and thought he was "cute."

We're told Kim worked her magic and orchestrated a meeting with Kris ... and the two hit it off.

Kim and Kris began dating soon after ... then engaged ... then married ... and on October 31, 2011 ... Kim filed for divorce.

A lot can happen in a year.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

sgreco

exactly 1 full year -the length of a contract. Its clear this was all a put on for the show.

Tina

It would be nice if she could do something positive with the "fame" that she has like bring attention to the abuse that animals go tthrough so she can wear that fur! Disgusting and shameful!

peoplearesilly

I hope all of you who have supported here nonsense are finally getting a clue. She's making asses out of all of you -- all the way to the bank.

Justhang'nout

No respect for the institution of marriage

DinoBlasters

Is it legal to marry yourself? Because that's the only person she truly loves.
She a disgusting dirty sk*nk, who contrived a hoax to make more money. I hope E! sues her. Even the trip to Australia was BS, as she normally uses private jets (especially with her cash). she is such a media whore, it really boggles the mind. Have a look at chloe's fake twitter pic; the whole family is epically fake and disgusting.

arn7777

She is an Idiot Deluxe!
All of this just to turn her 15 minutes of fame into 20!
DO NO*****CH HER REALITY SHOW! Thats what this whole excerise was about, her & her dumb-ass family's show!

peta

please tell me kim that the fur is fake please tell me you do not buy fur if you do i hate you look up peta.org and see what they do to get fur they kill them by grabing them and tossing them to the floor yes that what they do while still alive they cut the fur out off them while the poor animal crys with tear and is still moving you no what bitch **** you and your family

Katie Go

Let's have more evidence that she is a totally worthless person. The only reason she got married was so she could have her frozen ugly face on t.v. yet again. The picture is like ten years old you have at the top of the page when she still had some natural beauty left. I can't stand this douche! Who is such a rotten person they don't even tell the person they are divorcing. The girl can't dance,sing,even her clothes are totally ugly and her perfume smells like crap. Why is this chick famous? She sucks!

Annoyed

Nothing more than a publicity stunt! If I were the sponsors of this ridculous wedding, I would want every dime of my money back. The facination with this trashy family puzzles me. Move on please!

drjimenez

Wow...so many haters.... Fame has a two sides for sure...

Dre

She disgusts me and embarrasses the female population.

dmhouse

Nothing but a shameless whore. I really hate her along with so many people.

Tammy

I'm so sick of hearing abouty this urine-loving skank whore that I actually miss stories about Tareq and Michaele!!

Nicole

Everyone on here shut the hell up kim is not a bad person and by the way kris had no respect at all so suck azz.

Kaffee

She really is such a Bitch!