Kim K

Donating $200k Instead

of Returning Wedding Gifts

11/1/2011 4:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1031_kim_kardashian_exd_tmz_6
Kim Kardashian
's wedding guests ain't gonna get their expensive wedding gifts back ... but KK wants to make it up to everyone ... with one BIG ASS charity donation.

Kim just blogged about her decision to divorce Kris Humphries ... insisting she "married for love" ... but says, "I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn’t know how to and didn’t want to disappoint a lot of people."

She also wrote, "There are also reports that I made millions of dollars off of the wedding. These reports are simply not true and it makes me so sad to have to even clarify this."

"I’m so grateful to everyone who took the time to come to my wedding and I’ll be donating the money for all the gifts to the Dream Foundation."

Sources close to Kim tell TMZ ... KK plans to give the organization a $200k check.

Kim concluded, "I’m sorry if I have hurt anyone, but my dad always told me to follow my heart I believe now that I really am."

PPC

What a liar! She made a lot of money from E! and all the tabloids. Her gifts exceeded 200k and she should return every single one. She duped not only people that are interested in her wedding, but corporate sponsors. Her brand should be considered ruined and companies, like Sears, should consider a spokeperson who has not been peed on in a sex tape. I bet her and her family will be broke in 5 years, if that. Bruce is the only one with any sense.

pattie

Return the gifts to the kind people who gave them to you. Be a lady and show class and respect for yourself. Shame on you if you do not. I will make sure not to teach my daughter your values. Show some respect for yourself.

Vanessa

AAAAAaaaawwww.......Poor lil rich girl!!! she we all feel sorry for her???? NOT!!!!!!!

AngieBaby

So, Whorelina wastes money on an elaborate ceremony, gets a hefty paycheck for entire family, receives tons of expensive gifts from others - which she keeps, but makes it "right" by donating a mere fraction of this production's cost to charity? For which SHE will get a tax deduction? Why does anyone expect anything less?

LISA

There is no recovering from this EPIC fall for the whole Kardashian money hungry clan.
They are the most hated family in America because of what they stand for, - everything that's empty, superficial and outrageously greedy.
Remember when they tried to make money off the Kardashian Credit Cards?! Sick family!

b_sinning

This is her second divorce. Her mom has decent job suppressing talk of her first marriage in US media. She got way more than 200K in gifts and the donation is a tax right off. Plus she can recoop that money easily in appearances and covers to tell her side of the "story"

Giggles

Um, Kim, you don't get to rewrite the etiquette rules to suit yourself. You participated in this big sham marriage and filed for divorce 72 hours, uh, days, later. You took the gifts under the pretense of a marriage, now return them, unused. That is the correct thing to do.

LA me

On a positive note: ****rashian stocks are following the downward spiral of the whirlpool we call a toilet!!!

Yay!!! Couldn't happen to a better turd!

***************************************
Why some turds evade the whirlpool...god only knows. They are survivors. The fittest.

J

idiot. marriage didn't last but gifts are forever. what a country. again nothing but worst america has to offer

SantaFeJack

She's sad she has to even defend herself. She comes off as a money-loving narcissist any time she appears on camera, and is apparently too stupid to not realize people see her and her family for the money-grubbing fame whores they all are. She'll also take a nice tax write-off on that $200,000. Oh, cries Kim, I didn't even think of that. Yea, sure!

I Was About To Say

Did someone say KarSHAMians, LOL

realist

Emily Post and Amy Vanderbilt are rolling over in their graves. Wedding gifts are to be returned, if the marriage lasts less than a year.

LA me

That was K.-U.N.Trashian...before it was censored

Stevie B

Anything for a buck. I am sure her tax attorney showed her how much she could save as a tax deduction for the charitable donation. Money grubbing whore who spreads her legs for any man.

Throwback kid

I think the Kardashian brand is dead as we know it. People have had enough of these fake greedy people. When the public stops watching their show and buying their overpriced products they may actually have to start working real jobs