Kim K

Donating $200k Instead

of Returning Wedding Gifts

11/1/2011 4:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1031_kim_kardashian_exd_tmz_6
Kim Kardashian
's wedding guests ain't gonna get their expensive wedding gifts back ... but KK wants to make it up to everyone ... with one BIG ASS charity donation.

Kim just blogged about her decision to divorce Kris Humphries ... insisting she "married for love" ... but says, "I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn’t know how to and didn’t want to disappoint a lot of people."

She also wrote, "There are also reports that I made millions of dollars off of the wedding. These reports are simply not true and it makes me so sad to have to even clarify this."

"I’m so grateful to everyone who took the time to come to my wedding and I’ll be donating the money for all the gifts to the Dream Foundation."

Sources close to Kim tell TMZ ... KK plans to give the organization a $200k check.

Kim concluded, "I’m sorry if I have hurt anyone, but my dad always told me to follow my heart I believe now that I really am."

andre`

Follow your heart and drop down and never wake up

lat

I think your lies and money/fame hungry ego has finally caught up to you and now you're feeling the backlash. The sad thing is that you say your "dad told you to follow your heart"....how pathetic...I bet your dad is rolling in his grave and how much of a fame whore you have become! You sold your soul!

Patty

Please stop. Who really cares when there are children, right here in the good ole USA, going to bed hungry. Our troops are still in harms way. I will not let my grandchildren watch Kardashian reality show. The are all so money grabbing white trash

Maria

By the way... who is Kim K? What exactly did she do? Nothing?...Hm... then why are we giving her so much free publicity? That's what this whole rotten fake family wants. Where did our valies go Americans? Just ignore and fla***** like a S..T !!!

Laurie

You should donate $200,000 AND give the gifts back. Those gifts were given to celebrate your marriage and to start your married life together. Since there is NO married life, the gifts go back. It's amazing how celebrities seem to think as long as they donate some money, they can get away with anything.

chartman

yeah right. do you really think the public is stupid. you sound like osama obama. you made a fortune off your so call wedding. i have to say though that he is a giant freak. he is the kind that you see at the circus. what on earth did you see in him or was it he was not the smartest apple in the barrel and you used him. now you have damaged any chance of ever being married and happy as no white man will go where only black has been. you have plenty of examples of that in hollywood. your dead friend nicole. your mother needs to be arrested for pimping all you girls out since you were very young. she gets 3/4 of the blame. i would not want your money because of all the heart ache it will bring and you will never be happy. you are mentally and emotionally damaged goods.

Firstcomment

$200k, is that all? What a joke! She gets a write off for the donation, so she's out-of-pocket a100k+. BIG DEAL! What a selfish b*tch. SHE NEEDS TO RETURN ALL OF THE GIFTS AND MAKE A CHARITABLE DONATION given all the millions she made off her SCAM.

Mary

Who the f... is Kim K? What did she do exactly to get so much attention? What is happenning to all us Americans? Where are our valies?

Felice

great thing when you have the courage to follow your heart !

Teri

Helooo IRS!!!! AUDIT AUDIT AUDIT. Gifts exceeded amount that exclude you from TAX. They profited from the freebies..TAXABLE! With all the little people getting audited for working hard I think this is a racketeering SCAM. Other people lose houses and go to jail for way less.

Wolfy11

...and take the tax deduction for making that contribution, something her accountants told her she NEEDS anyway. Another convenient lie from that whore

Roxy

There is an article from June where her wedding date on her registry is noted as 10/31/11, and the registry value is listed at 172,000. Isnt 10/31 the date she filed for divorce, it sounds like such a scam. She needs to give those gifts back, I hope K. Humphries sues her for fraud.

Julie

HEY, I spent $1,500 on my gift to you. I either want my gift back or send me the dollar value of the gift. If you don't do that I will sue you for misrepresentation. You lied thru your teeth because you wanted millions of dollars and all those goodies. Shame on you. LLPOF Maybe the IRS just needs to really take a GOOD look at you tax return for 2011. Maybe they should also look at past years.. ;-)

josh

It's a tax write-off and she gets to keep the gifts! What a low-life she is! BOYCOTT THIS CON WOMANS SHOW!!!

Darlin1111

How tacky can she be??? So rude not to return the gifts to the givers... Is anyone surprised???

Previous 15 Comments | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments