Roseanne Barr

Ex Says She's Worth $42 MIL

Demands Lawyers' Fees

11/14/2011 3:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1114_Roseanne_ben_thomas_getty_ex

Roseanne Barr
's ex-husband is demanding $75,000 for attorneys' fees, and another $100,000 for dragging him through a child custody battle -- and he claims that's a tiny fraction of her $42 MILLION fortune.

Ben Thomas filed legal docs today demanding that massive amount of money ... in the wake of their extended custody battle over their teenage son, Buck. The exes reached a settlement back in August -- but Thomas claims Roseanne's efforts to strip him of custody were only motivated by revenge ... hence the demand for $100K.

In the document, Thomas points out the $100,000 is a mere .002% of Roseanne's net worth of $42 million.

By the way, Thomas claims he earns $7,305 monthly ... compared to Roseanne's $211,667 per month.

0713_stars_split_footer_v2

Danielle

Do you know why they went to court? She made a promise during the divorce settlement regarding custody issues in which he allowed her to move the child to Hawaii as long as she paid for his travel to see the child. She agreed to that, then she renegged on it after she made the move. They went to court because of her, not him, she broke a promise and she should pick up the tab.

Danielle

A lot of you seem to think $7,300 amonth is a lot of money, it isn't when you have to maintain a household. It isn't chicken feed but once you take out taxes, mortgage, car payments, utilities, cable, telephone, healthcare, insurance, etc. it isn't that much either, now add a $75,000 lawyer fee onto that because your former spouse likes to reneg on her promises and agreements and drag you through the courts.

$ 7305.00
- 2045.40 28% taxes
- 2000.00 Mortgage
- 300.00 Car
- 175.00 Gas and Elec
- 60.00 Water
- 150.00 Cable
- 100.00 Phone
- 400.00 Food
- 75.00 Car Insurance
- 50.00 Clothing
- 100.00 Savings for house repairs, car repairs, etc
- 700.00 Retirement
$ 1,14960...
$287.40 Weekly for all incidentals, gas for the car, meals out, laundramat, entertainment, etc.

two cents

Get a job you POS! he needs to stfu and go pound some sand. kick him in the "nuts" rosie! I miss your show, it was hilarious.

Tammy

As he's the wronged party, make her pay! I think ANY parent who maliciously tries to keep the other parent for seeing the child should be penalized ... and penalized big time. Biotch!!!

bionic23

Um...TMZ, .2% is 20%. Therefore, 20% of 42 mil is def not 100,000. There .002% is pretty much right.

susan

So, what really gets me not only with this story but many of them is these people make thousands and millions of dollars a year. Yet, all they ever do is Bi**h and moan about how much money they want from the other. $7000+ a mo. ! OMG!! Do you know what I could do with that? I not only could support myself and my family but probably two families! I work seven days a week and I am lucky to be able to pay my normal monthly bills and that does not include food!! Grow up stop being greedy and get a life people! And while I am at it....why don't you people walk a day in "normal" peoples lives, you have it easy compared to most people in the world! GROW UP !!

Sonja

Actually she did not go back on the agreement, the agreement was she would fly HIM out to see his son. He demanded she fly his whole family out and foot the bill for them to stay there while he 'visited' with his son. He is the one who went back on the deal and she told him NO. Good for her I say!

richard

42 mil isn't bad considering she gave most of her money away to charity. She use to be worth 200 million, after she left her show.

nicaw

Someone should show him the national average for household incomes right now. Over $7K per month is impressive. He should be grateful he has that. I'm not sure what the issue is but come on.

Everyones~A~Star

What a douchebag. Get a job guy. Why should an ex support you? Grew up watching Roseanne...she was a hell of a lot better then the crop of fame whores on TV whose names I shall not speak. Miss those days when TV was awesome.

en Todo Momento!!

well considering ttiple social value compared to women and females who have none, he surely doesn't deserve a dime, since her finances are 100++% self generated which is almost impossible for a woman.

tink

She has that money becasue she works her ass off. Get a job loser and make your own money.

IceGypsy

Man, if you can't get by on over 7k/m you need to get some help.

dundermifflin

She's so fat!!!! I hate this cow!!

D

HE IS A MONEY-GRUBBING PIECE OF CRAP AND I KNOW FIRST HAND! THAT'S ALL I'M GONNA SAY ABOUT THAT!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments