« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant [video]

Secret NBA Training

... WITH THE JEWS!

11/29/2011 6:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

112911_kobe_bryant_v2_launch
Hanukkah came early for a bunch of Jews in Irvine, CA tonight -- when Kobe Bryant rolled up to the local Jewish Community Center and asked if he could borrow the basketball court for a hardcore private training session ... TMZ has learned.

Yentas at the JCC tell us ... the honchos at the center were more than happy to let Kobe use the facility -- and the Black Mamba couldn't have been nicer.

Kobe and a trainer proceeded to work on shooting drills and cardio training while a gang of the chosen people looked on in amazement.

We're told the training session went on for more than an hour -- and Kobe looked as sharp as ever.

Of course, the NBA lockout is just about over -- but players aren't expected to rejoin their teams for a few days ... so it seems Kobe is simply trying to get ahead of the game.

Kobe ain't the first NBA superstar to play with the 'Brews -- just last month LeBron James filled in for a league team at a JCC in Ohio ... and DOMINATED.

The NBA -- sponsored by Manischewitz.

1129_kobe_ballin_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

bring back recent posts

..>Harvey??...why do u allow this type of convo headlines?????????????..so stupid..not even gonna bother tellin why!

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

You would think a guy with his kind of money would own his own basketball court.

TJ

Kobe is such a dirt bag, my friend works at a hotel in NYC and she showed me a bunch of text's he sent her, trying to get her to come to his hotel room... his wife should divorce his sorry, raping, cheating ass

tgrfan42069

so someone says ****** TMZ frowns on it..but tmz thinks its cool to refer as jewish people as the jews.i mean really.TI was right gays get butt hurt no pun intended when somone calls them ****** or tells a gay joke.but its cool for them to make left handed jabs at other people

TJ

oh, btw, the texts were from this past summer...

YouDontSay

I thought the term Jews was derogatory.

Truth

YAAAWN,ZZZZZ!!!!!! LIKE THIS STORY IS ACTUALLY NEWSWORTHY. SLOW NEWS DAY HARVEY? TRUTH!!

kade madison

If he rolled up to the YMCA, would you write the story as 'Christmas came early for a bunch of Christians?"

alleybandito

Just posting here because its the top story but if you read these:
I use to love this website and now it is so bogged down with ads it is a mess to load and takes forever-and the ones that take over my screen are the best I love looking for that little x to close it! I am all for making money but when you ruin your site to the point it takes forever to load---people will stop coming, as I am because your site is not enjoyable anymore.

Big Taters

Nice headline from the website that was just WHINING about a VODKA AD! Its LIQUOR! Cali twits.

Jo Maurice

Way to take a really good item and make it gross. "The Jews???" What, ALL of them?? Yentas? Low-class writing, even for TMZ. Judging by the comments, even "The Non-Jews" are offended.

mobeter3

Wasn't this the same site that called someone a "dumbass" for using in an advertisement an insinuation about Jewish people that was totally open to interpretation? I think from now on it would be a smart move NOT to make any characterizations of ANYONE. No "dumbass" and no "yenta." If the billboard had read "Vodka for chosen people," would you have cared?

ok

I'm sure I've seen a vid of Larry Bird secretly training with the blacks, some time ago. ???

um, curious TMZ..no mention of Kim K's yoga session with the naked yoga guy. It would appear that that was the beginning of the end of their marriage.

Mike L

"With the Jews"? Could you be any more derogatory? I'm not Jewish myself, but my parents are, and thats damn offensive. How would it sound, with the ******s, with the Chinks, with the Honkys, with the mexicans? Whoever wrote this is real lucky its on the web, because if I knew who wrote it, I'd be in their face and knock them on their ass.

Throwback kid

Kobe's wife has put on a tremendous amount of weight in the last few years and I blame KOBE! I still think his wife is dealing with the stress of what happened between Kobe and that girl he had just met in that hotel room in Colorado. Like Jessica Simpson, Kobe's wife appears to be an emotional eater too.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments