Johnny Depp

Bodyguards Accused of

Tackling Disabled Woman

12/4/2011 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1202_johnny_depp_ex
Johnny Depp's hired muscle put a handicapped woman in the hospital Thursday night -- this according to a police report filed by the woman in question.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... 52-year-old Robin Eckert filed the report claiming she was celebrating her husband's birthday at the Iggy Pop concert in L.A. -- treating him to $600-a-pop seats at the Palladium ... and Johnny was seated right beside her, surrounded by bodyguards.

Eckert claims she was having a blast, dancing her face off ... when she accidentally strayed a little too close to Johnny's table.

According to Eckert, Depp's bodyguards pounced on her out of nowhere -- grabbing her wrists and wrestling her to the ground. Soon as she regained composure, Eckert says she left and got herself checked out at the hospital.

Eckert's assistant tells TMZ, Robin and her party had been drinking during the evening. Law enforcement sources tell us, Robin appeared wasted when she made the report.

Attempts to reach Depp's people were unsuccessful.

1205_guess_celebrity_bodyguard_footer

Mary

I don't believe this story for one minute. I don't believe Johnny would hire jerks that would hurt a woman. Let alone a dissabled woman. If she was drunk and danced her face off she probebly couldn't see and didn't know what she was doing.

Frod

Boy that really shows how tough he is eh? ...having some thugs who carry guns get tough on a woman !! ...Not even in combat have i ever let anyone beat up a woman or child ...Ex Special Forces Combat Veteran ....

patardugno

Johnny many of us "average people" have also suffered at the whims of others, (some even actually handicapped & some just mentally challenged). When someone is TRYING DESPERATELY to start some ****, so they can have their "good lawsuit", or astonishing "someone famous (or almost famous) & me" story,....they can pull some lowly stunts. Bru***** off, & don't worry about it. Obviously, if she was drinking,...she had no fear of equilibrium loss. If she was dancing while drunk, she forgot to keep pretending her "handlicap" or perhaps she's on disability for not being able to resist alcohol. If she was wrassled to the ground, it's a shame the bodyguard didn't hog tie her, too. If she made it all the way to the hospital, she's not nearly as handicapped or injured as she claims. There is no mention of an ambulance. AND, if she was still intoxicated after all that,..you apparently are not a buzz kill. LOL!!!
Don't you hate it, when a drunk physically or mentally challenged person tries to give you a lap dance, you didn't ask for??!! I hate it when that happens!!

J

I wanted to post one kind of a comment and yet I feel the need to post another. People with disabilities ( fyi folks the word "handicapped" is as out-of-date as the word "colored") can dance their "faces" off as much as the next person. Sad that anyone chooses to think otherwise.

patardugno

Through it all,...I can only wonder what her husband thought of all her escapades?!
Happy Birthday Honey. LOL!!!!!

patardugno

J,
Obviously they can,...& she proved that!!! So, why does she have a problem with being the recipient of a take down, when she proves she can be as ignorant & harassing as anyone else?!!
I'm sure she should have been arrested for public intoxication & harassment,...& possibly even assault (depending on how close she got to him & if she in anyway assaulted the his Body Guards. They are paid to keep people who are trying to do, what she was doing away from him. By the time people actually become, they sometimes have already been put through so much **** that they can justify hiring Body Guards.

patardugno

TYPO;

By the time people become FAMOUS .....

bored

600 bucks for "special" Iggy Pop tickets, WTF

Jessica

J:
I was surprised by TMZ's use of the word handicapped as well. I'm always embarrassed for a person who is hurtful due to obvious ignorance. I'm not sure, but isn't "handicapped" derived from "cap-in-hand," i.e. beggars?

Also, there are "invisible" disabilities as well as visible ones. The idea that a person's disability would be devalued because they got drunk and went dancing is absurd.

However, that being said, Johnny Depp and company have proven themselves to be great supporters of Disability Rights. I know a member of the group ADAPT out of Chicago who went and visited Johnny Depp on the set of a movie. His body guards granted access to my friend who simply was hoping to have a shirt signed to be auctioned to help fund ADAPT. Not only did Mr. Depp acquiesce, he later sent a check for $25,000 on his own accord. I would hate for one incident to take anything away from this generous man and his accommodating body guards.

One more thing, even if the woman had a visible disability, the body guards had every right to take her down if they felt she was a danger to their client. Just because a person has a disability doesn't mean they can't injure another human being. We must assume the body guards genuinely believed her to be a threat. You don't get to be personal security for a celebrity of Johnny Depp's status without having a clear understanding of the law and liability. By her own admission, all they did was take her down. They didn't beat the crap out of her or anything.

JRB

That hottie is more than Katie Holmes bodyguary..ahem. Everyone in Hwood knows Tom is light in the loafers. Tom and Katie have a contract together. Tom's first choice was Jessica Alba but she said no.

LillyRosemary

Really? sounds like she was dancin away just a bit too clumsy close? wished I was there sitting next to him,sugarplums would have been dancin in my head just to see his lovely smile :)

LillyRosemary

I wished I was sitting next to him just to see his smiling face :) "sugarplums would be dancin in my head" :)

kim

MAYBE they were A LITTLE FREAKED OUT, after all SHE CLAIMS she was DANCING HER FACE OFF MAYBE THEY THREW HER TO THE GROUND SO SHE COULD PICK UP HER FACE... OR MAYBE SHE LOOKS BETTER WITH OUT HER FACE, OR MAYBE THEY WERE SOOO ROUGH THEY PUNCHED HER FACE OFF NOW THAT WOULD BE A REAL HANDICAP AND HOW COULD SHE TALK WITH OUT HER FACE... F A C E IT LADY YOU'VE LOST YOUR CASE...

Lexie

The dirty little Pirate has done it again. He thinks he’s better than anyone else! His bodyguards have no right to touch ANYONE! I hope this woman sues. All you Depp fans that are blaming the woman are idiots! If it was you that was assaulted by his bodyguards, you would be suing too! I’ll bet you Depp was drinking like he always is. He needed to stop his people from assaulting that woman. What a short disgusting coward he is.

Sarah

Lexie,

I missed you! I agree with you, it looks like the lady was dancing close to Johnny and his bodyguards jumped on her. I would have sued them bigtime, Johnny is no ******* saint his fans need to stop worshipping him like a god.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments