Abigail Breslin

$65,000 for 4 HOURS of Acting

12/7/2011 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1206_abigail_breslin_getty_zambezia_ex
Abigail Breslin
's hourly rate is $16,250 -- at least when she's doing voice work for her new animated movie "Zambezia" ... this according to her contract for the film.

TMZ has obtained 15-year-old Breslin's payment agreement with film producers -- and according to the docs, she earned a grand total of $65,000 for one 4-hour recording session ... voicing the character of Zoe, an adorable bird (right).

It's not Abigail's only massive payday this year either -- back in May she signed a one-week contract for the upcoming movie "New Year's Eve" ... worth $275,000.

What did you do when you were 15?

CriticAl

Seems pretty cheap by Hollywood standards.

Lauren

this **** pisses me off

Mike

What did I do when I was 15? I had this little business where I went door to door with radishes and...

HA

Fat Mike

She deserves it too. Abigail was an absolute standout in Little Miss Sunshine and seems to be one of the more level-headed actors going around. I hope she goes on to have an acting career as an adult.

Anthony

Don't get me wrong, I like this actress and think she has a bright career ahead of her. But if you wonder why everything in life is getting more expensive then here is a perfect example. Going to a movie now is 12 bucks where I live and making movies cost a lot of money which is why tickets are so expensive,so that filmmakers can get their money back plus a profit. This girl just made my whole years salary in 4 hours of voice over work. And she is 15 years old. Not saying she isn't worth it, you need to be lucky and talented to do as well as she has done so far in Hollywood. But still, it sucks being part of the 99 percent and not the 1 percent like these actors are.

RamHead

At the age of 15 (and that's a long, long time ago) I was facing my exams at high school and still got an allowance from my parents.

Truth

MEHHH THIS IS NOTHING, SRUSLY.. AND SHE PROBABLY WONT HAVE A SIMILAR CAREER AS AN ADULT LIKE ALL CHILD ACTORS. HERE'S A BETTER EXAMPLE. JAMES COBURN BACK IN THE DAY WAS PAID $12 MIL FOR UTTERING 2 WORDS IN A BEER COMMERCIAL. "SCHLITZ LIGHT". THAT WAS A GUINNESS WORLD RECORD FOR DECADES. TRUTH!!

mebrat24

hoolywierd is so stupid to think they need these people for that kinda money, it's a fcuking cartoon.

Cleveland Gal

Can't believe that some people are saying her salary is justified! Dr's save lives and they don't even make that much and all this girl does is speak for 4 hours. Ridiculous to say the least!

Matt

Who does she think she is making that much money, Kylie Jenner? ;)

Emme

And then they join Occupy Wall Street as part of the "99%"

Gman

Speaking of Abigail Breslin, did you see the trailer for that "New Years Eve" movie during TMZ yesterday? They show her, a 15 year old girl, lifting up her shirt to reveal her bra and tummy.

Usually, I likes me some boobies. But really folks? Using a 15 year old's body to promote your movie?

EMB

I think I am in the wrong business.

Seldombinlaid

I delivered papers, and mowed lawns for 2 dollars a peice. In the 60s. Now adults do kids jobs.

Tim in SanBerdoo

Wasn't Dakota Fanning getting paid at least that much at her age? I guess it is the sign of the times to pay exuberant salaries just for the name recognition.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments