« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gene Simmons

BLASTS Madonna --

'Not Appropriate' for Super Bowl

12/7/2011 6:28 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1_ocboapho_1_hzqd4vds
Madonna has no business performing at the Super Bowl ... this according to legendary KISS frontman Gene Simmons, who thinks the game would be better off with a "real band."

Simmons was leaving Boa in Hollywood last night when we asked how he felt about Madge headlining the Super Bowl halftime show -- to which Gene sarcastically replied, "I love all karaoke singers, I love all the girl singers who get up and sing with tapes ... shame on you!"

Gene added, "By the way, Madonna's terrific ... I hate the tapes."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

cali

Someone actually with a worse wig than Donald Trump

TerryLea

I don't know why they picked her for the super bowl either. No one likes her. Everyone hates her. Why was she even chosen? She is nothing but a no-talent, slutty, bad dancer, bad singer and just a disgusting human being. What a disgrace. Seriously!

Rafaelle Zuccaro

I hear ALSO, that they are trying to get Justin Timberlake to perform with this PIG-- They want him to tear her BRA OFF during a duo song--The NFL will do anything for large audiences !!! ANYTHING-- Half time is a perfect time to got to the JOHN!!!! The ODOR there would be better than spending it with Madonna !!!

Rafaelle Zuccaro

Madonna is a real SLUT, BUT Gene is 10 steps below this SLUT, in DECENCY and HONOR!!!! Sad we have people like this who entertain the SICK of MIND!!!

Lyssa

I have to agree with Gene on this one. She is a great entertainer and i guess they bring back the old bands, singers that are more or less the fan age tha*****ches or goes to the superbowl.
I love Kiss and it would be great to have KISS do a halftime show. In my opipon the halftime show should be of the newer bands and music.

Ih8Taxes

Madonna is still alive?

John Guyy

TMZ... so judgemental... does TMZ do anything but complain???

disinter

Don't get me wrong, I don't give a damn about madonna either but at least she was upfront about being a hack from the get go. She was at the head of the pop charts forever but pop in of itself is bubblegum music. Gene on the other hand thinks there wouldn't be rock n roll if it wasn't for kiss. In the past he's said kiss was responsible for heavy metal even though many much more influential bands came before them.

Bu

The pot is calling the kettle black here!

Salingers Ghost

I have one question for Gene - What the F is THIS?!

Storm

Gene Gene Gene. The man that performed behind all that makeup for years sayin to keep it real.

ray

i completely agree wth gene, she is the worst choice the nfl could make. i will be somewhere else in lucas during half time. going down saturday to get pic taken and pick up credentials and my blue and white scarf. Volunteering a lot sometimes get you some nice perks.

bluzzone

I think they need to get real music up there. Get some legends from the Blues field.Buddy Guy would be perfect. Great guitarist and singer.Blues musicians actually perform live.

jeff

Gene puts his foot in his mouth sometimes. This time he's 100% right! KISS has sold alot more than 100 million albums. How is he a non celeb? He's known the world over. His band is one of the most succesful bands of all time in any form of music. The black eyed peas were the worst last year. Didn't know 1 song. Didn't care. Prince, Petty, Bruce, Stones, Who, I knew every song they played and I don't have any of their albums. madonna's target audience doesn'*****ch football! tmz, at least you got a real star and not some reality no talent sh th d.

MC

Madonna is a music icon no matter what you think of her. The show will be awesome and I will bet you 100% better than The Black Eyed Peas. Get over it...like her or not she's doing the half time show.