Duggar Family

Snaps Pic of Miscarried Baby

12/15/2011 3:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0221_media_removed-1
The family from TLC's "19 Kids & Counting" chose a unique way to commemorate the life of their 20th child, who passed away this week in a miscarriage -- they took an artsy picture of the fetal corpse ... and distributed it at the memorial.

Jubilee Shalom Duggar was due in April ... but Michelle Duggar suffered a miscarriage on Sunday in her 2nd trimester.

The Duggars held a memorial today at their church in Arkansas, where they distributed the above photographs -- containing messages like, "There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world."

The photos were first posted on Twitter by a family member -- and then surfaced on a fan site.

We reached out to the family for comment -- so far, no word back.

vanessa

Are you serious....if all the crap that TMZ posts this is disturbing to you people?? You have girls in g-strings, celebrities in inappropriate situations, girls with their crotches hanging out, and the list goes on......and this is disturbing?!?! Listen to the message in this picture. The message of the beauty of life no matter how long it has lived and no matter it's place of residence. Including the womb. Babies are murdered in the womb at this gestation and Jubilee's little feet are a testament to the imprint these precious babies leave no matter how old. Get a clue people. Ask yourself why this is truly disturbing.

Amy

In response to the statement - "You and yours are the most foul, dispicable, disgusting people I have had the misfortune of having my hard earned Canadian dollars go to on such a network that was soo out of my control to include in my cable package." You sound like a spoiled child who thinks of no one but him/herself. It is apparent that your socialist background has left you absent of any compassion or care for others. I only hope you never have the misfortune of loosing a child. It is heart wrenching and an experience no one should have to go through. Grow up.

ctznx

r these ppl crazy? have they lost their minds completely? greedy idiots.shame on them using a miscarriage for publicity.

Sandi

I'm not a fan of the show but there is absolutely nothing disgusting about the pictures and the pictures were shown at the funeral. This baby was a human being. Saying that it's disgusting is like saying having an open casket is wrong. Makes no sense at all to me. These pictures are so completely mild that I wonder about the people thinking it's gross. I just don't get it. Not gross at all.

Caitland

"I" think that these are the most precious photos!!!!

Denise Riley

You guys call this precious BABY a 'fetal corpse'? That is beyond disgusting and heartbreaking.

KATHY

I am amazed at the outcry of these pictures. You have no problem posting pic of people half clothed or beaten to a pulp.....these pics you have a disclaimer....There seems something wrong with that. She was a beautiful baby whether inside or out.

betterdaysahead

Wow stupid woman... do you think your cervix isn't strong enough anymore to hold a baby? You are now intentionally getting yourself prenant knowing you can't carry a baby anymore to let them go "be with Jesus" huh? We all like sex honey but really/// if you wanna act like you're in the world go ahead and screw your brains out. But get fixed.

Chelsea

I think these are. Beautiful pictures! If it was me I would have done the same thing! They have every right..she was there daughter...none of you disrespectful cold hearted people understand the bond between them and their children alive or miscarried....they have every right to have as many children as the want as long as they are taking care off and loving each one of them.......if it was anyone of you people going thru this situation of losing a child how would it make you feel to have people talking about you the nasty disrespectful way you are talking about them.....I pray all of you find Jesus and feel his love!!!

rae

I see no reason why the Duggars are catching crap over their choice to take photos of THEIR child! I have 2 angels who have passed I didn't get the chance to take pictures or even see them. People grieve in their own way, and this "fetal corpse" IS A BABY!!!!!!! TMZ get some compassion!

Cathi Lammert PLIDA President

Public reaction to Michelle Duggar’s miscarriage is certainly fueled by the sensationalism surrounding reality TV and the unusually large Duggar family. Stepping aside from judgment, at the heart of the story is an illustration of current practice in response to pregnancy loss and infant death. Scientific research has demonstrated that parents become deeply attached to their growing baby during pregnancy. The attachment is further reinforced by hearing the heartbeat and seeing high resolution ultrasound from a very early point in the pregnancy. When pregnancy ends, most parents experience significant grief and loss for this specific baby.
In accordance with best practice guidelines, care providers routinely offer bereaved parents a range of options for memorializing their baby. These include naming, offering blessings, seeing, holding and funeral planning. In addition to being offered to take their own photos, they are also offered the services of professional bereavement photographers.
The Board of Pregnancy Loss and Infant Death Alliance (PLIDA) chooses to highlight this teaching moment in order to advance community and professional awareness. We represent a diverse group of pioneering and nationally recognized professionals organized for the joint purpose of normalizing evidence-based practice in professional care of and public response to bereaved parents. For more information about PLIDA, visit our website: www.plida.org.

bored

what the ****, so wrong

denise

its wrong to keep having babies at the age of Michelle Duggar knowing more than likely this would happen. Why bring a child into the workd to suffer like the last one did. God has given us all the knowledge to prevent such things. Isnt 19 children enough. What is the purpose of this? An ongoing TV show?? How about paying attention to the children you already have. The older girls are the care takers.

anon

While I think the Duggar family should REALLY stop having children, grief is handled differently by every single person who goes through it. I photographed the baby I lost. It helped my grief and I treasure those few photos of that inexplicable time.

Barb

really folks this is not that uncommon, I am a neonatal ICU nurse, there are professional photographers who volunteer their services to provide these pictures for a family, because it doesn't matter if it is the first baby or 20th baby, it is still their child, and this is all they have to remember her by.

Previous 15 Comments | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments