« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Deion Sanders

I'm Getting Divorced

12/17/2011 5:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0923-deion-sanders-pilar-getty-ex
Deion Sanders and his wife Pilar are getting divorced ... Sanders tells TMZ.

In a statement, the NFL Hall of Famer tells us, "Pilar and I have decided to end our marriage and move on to the next phase of our individual lives with mutual respect. We are friends and our top priority has and will continue to be the well-being of our children."

He continues, "We arrived at this decision prayerfully and carefully in order to be able to pursue what is in both of our best personal interests."

Deion and Pilar married in 1999 and they have three children together.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ALittleBirdy

Deon had legal issues that were of the kobe colorado kind which were kept under wraps... He settled in secrecy... you can fool/hide from the public... but it's a little hard to explain the missing cash to your wife...

Dena

This is a shame. All them are the same. First Kobe, Now Dione and look at what I saw online about another NBA player.

No need to even make promises before God..

Imperial

I know looks aren't everything, but he will NEVER be able to top her. If she wants to leave him, I guess there's not much he can do about it...but if he's leaving her, he's either insane or not a heterosexual. I'm a straight female, and I'm almost willing to marry her and take care of her 3 kids lol.

Nayners57

Isn't this old news? I thought they divorced a long time ago.

madison

I can't believe he stayed with that nut-job all this time. What took you so long Deion? That nut has some great abs though. MAN she is in shape.

romeo

When I first saw Pilar I thought she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. The I saw that she was marring Deion Sanders and I through up. I can't stand this guy and I'm black. Pilarnow that you will be getting half of his money and money wont be a problem for you. Hwo about giving a great looking guy with not much money a shot at the title. Seriously you will love me and I will love spending Deion's money as much as you will this is a way to really get him back good.I really don't care about the money baby I just want you.Deion I am glad she is leaving your dumb a$$.

linebacker

thats sad. hes great . the best cover corner in the last 20 years. i know hes rolling with the big man so he will be ok

Keep It Real

What a F R A U D!!! As a fellow Christian, thank you, Deion for using the stage God has allowed you to have, only to use it to show yet again another LIE from a so called Christian! This is not judgement, it is discernment! Divorce is not the issue. It is claiming to be such a Christ follower, and then not living out what you SAY you believe. As such a vocal witness, you had a chance to show the world what God commands you to live out and be content wiht the marriage you chose! Yet, instead, you claim Christ, but live out a lie. What you are DOING speaks so loudly, I cannot hear what you are SAYING!!! Go back and make it work. THAT is what GOD wants from you. Period!!! Thi is why the world looks at Christians and says "SO! I knew Jesus wasn't real"! If you knew this was coming, you shouldn't have been so vocal about being a Christian. We don't need more Christians out quoting chapter and verse, then living a lie Monday-Friday....we need REAL Christians who walk the walk, and lead others to Christ BY THEIR LEGIT WALK! NOT their mouths!!! Go back and put it together, show the world what Jesus can do THROUGH YOU!!!

jacqueline abrams

aaahhh come on deon &pilar we luv u guys.

jacqueline abrams

aaaaahhhh come on not u too.

skip

Well thats what happens when u marry a chick for their looks deion looks like shell be a high stepping ho in your house. Ive been there gotta see whats inside the girl deion same gos for that 8th stringer for the nets who married that worthless kardashian

MOGY

Sorry to hear about the divorce. As I have gotten older, I truly understand the importance of growing old with someone that you love. There is no amount of money or fame that can compensate for that...I wish you both well.......

b. knox

I think this is a tragedy. They have a beautiful family and are a nice looking couple. I recall how they seemed to be so comitted to God and to each other on their TBN TV appearances. What happened to that comitted couple? After 12 years of marriage, your just gonna throw in the towel? This is Deions second wife. News flash-A new marriage wont be any different. After a few years, the same ole same will occur. I am tired of couples belling out on their covenants and committment to each other and God. I have been married for 18 years and I am 39 years old and we are not rich and have normal struggles everyday. Is it easy, no, but we are holding on,
I know the grass IS NOT GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE. Most divorced couples will tell you that If they had the chance to reverse things, they would. So sad. Not casting judgement-just sad for them. In time, they will have a lot of regrets that they will have to live with.

Qualifyd

Divorces happen everyday but for some reason we put an extra twist on celebrities. They face the same issues we do, they just do it with more money and we all know that money is not a security blanket for every situation. Many comments mention how they are glad she's leaving him but he is the one who filed for the divorce and she is the one who's hoping he come to his senses and come back home. Beauty is good on the outside but what is really on the inside. I can't say much because I don't know her, but so many beautiful women have been known to have major issues (can't pee in either of her 13 toliets!!) Really!!. As far as the committment before God, we all have failed in some area of the christian or non christian walk but as a society we pick and choose which one we point the finger and become judgemental. They are still human with life issues and with all the family killings we hear about whatever works best for them and the kids I wish them well.

TIMBER