« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vanessa Bryant's Ex-Step Dad

She's JUST LIKE Her Gold-Digging Mom

12/20/2011 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Vanessa and Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant
should have known his soon-to-be ex-wife would take him to the cleaners in their divorce ... because she learned the wallet-raiding playbook from her mother ... so says Vanessa's ex-step dad.

TMZ spoke with Stephen Laine -- an inventory manager for a food company who was married to Vanessa's mother from 1990 to 2003 ... and helped raise Vanessa from a child into adulthood.

Laine tells us, "Her mother taught her well to wait for the ten-year mark [before divorcing]."

He explains, "In California ... it's considered a long term marriage and then she gets paid for life or until she remarries ... just like her mother is doing to me."

Laine continues, "I have to pay her mom $1,800 every month and clearly they don’t need it."

Sources close to Vanessa tell us ... Kobe's soon-to-be ex-mother-in-law is currently living in one of the BBaller's mansions ... and we're told Vanessa is very good to her.

Laine gripes, "I have a six-year-old daughter and that money could be used toward her college fund or something ... you'd think she'd care ... but no, she's spiteful."

1216_kobe_vanessa_bryant_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jackie

Of course she's a gold digger...also a fake smile too.

King of TMZ

she married him for money & prestige
& he married her for beauty & sex factor.

Both parts are typical. lol

Phreaky

I should have added, that's not to say Kobe is a dog that should never have married to begin with because he likes playing around with woman too much, but still, Vanessa is a major league C*NT

MommaGirl

Heeeeyyyyy! I would like to see the video footage of that interview

tgrfan42069

yeah lets blame her.he raped a female once and she took him back.after so many times one would get fed up.he brought it on himself

Nicoleasm

Wow, I keep hearing about this 10 year thing and CA..so I looked up the laws...CA recognizes 10+ years exactly for a long duration marriage, meaning you get spousal support for an indefinite period of time, otherwise it would have been 5 years max. And it's very suspicious that her divorce petition was filed right at the 10 year mark. I didn't want to believe it but I think this girl might have started her countdown when he had his "Colorado incident"..does that make her a gold-digger or just smart? Im not sure...

Dennis

Every whore has her price.

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

Well, Kobe should have had a pre-nup. I can't stand women that spread their legs for a rich guy and then take half of his money in a divorce while sitting on their ass their whole lives and doing nothing but he should have known better. Of course there was a good chance she was a gold digger. She's marrying an NBA star. I'd say there's a solid 95% chance that she's doing it for the money. Duh.

aftonsmith

I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it.

Heathrow Minicab

Deelight

Kobe do your thing...I am a female and learned men need 2 things...a full belly and empty balls. She needs to understand just because you have a fling doesn't mean you are in love... Men are men...Time to move on up to a real woman

Truth

***SHOCKER!!!*** HE CHEATS AND SHE'S A GOLD DIGGER. DAYUMMM, ISNT THAT THE FORMULA FOR MARRIAGE WHEN YOU'RE RICH AND FAMOUS AND MARRIED TO A HOUSEWIFE?? DIVORCE 101... #TRUTH!!

CarolynAB

How many times did Kobe expect to be forgiven?
People are expected to learn from their mistakes, but apparently Kobe has not. He put a "house" on Vanessa's finger at a reported cost of $4 million dollars and begged her forgiveness. But he allegedly continued to play the field. Shame on Kobe Bryant.
On a personal note, it saddens me to see how quickly and easily Black celebrities are losing their fortunes. It is not easy to become rich in America, but all it takes is one or two dumb mistakes, and down the drain it goes.
Whatever happened to raising one's consciousness, to being in a committed marriage? It's sad to see such waste. I hope the Bryant children can cope with the unraveling of their young lives.

who dat

Of course she waited til just after the 10yr mark. Thats the golddigger 101 playbook. That, and pop out at least 1 brat. Two is even better.

URSilly

Oh, so now an old fart comes out of the woodwork to ride on Vanessa's name to feel relevant and sell his animousity to a tabloid?

Who is the Gold Digger Old Man? Looks like you are, you are the one trying to sell out your step child for money! You irrelevant old poop.

URSilly

Maybe you guys should have kept it in your pants and not broke your families up for some cheap skanky piece of behind.

Now you whine because you have to pay the price for what you did?

Get over yourself and have fun paying your monthly dues.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments