Jamie Foxx & Tyler Perry

Sued By Prisoner --

You Jacked My Bad Movie Idea!!!

12/29/2011 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jamie Foxx & Tyler Perry
Jamie Foxx and Tyler Perry are being sued for $1 million each by a prisoner -- who claims the duo jacked his idea for a groan-worthy new comedy ... starring Foxx, Perry, and Martin Lawrence ... all dressed as women.

In case you haven't heard ... the project is called "Skank Robbers" -- a wacky action comedy about two lady bank robbers ... with Lawrence's Sheneneh character from "Martin," Foxx's Wanda from "In Living Color," and according to reports ... Tyler Perry's Madea ... from every bad movie you've seen. The project is reportedly in development.

Enter Shamont Lyle Sapp -- who, coincidentally, says he's serving time in Oklahoma for 10 bank robberies -- he's filed a lawsuit, claiming he gave Foxx and Perry the idea for the project ... and they cut him out of the action.

According to the docs, Shamont had the idea to unite the three characters in one film -- but his version wasn't a comedy about bank robbers ... it was a drama about a mental hospital.

The lawsuit encapsulates Sapp's idea -- "A male white mental patient takes Madea hostage ... He deals with phone calls from the negotiators, as Madea actually pleads for her life in a very sad tear-jerking way ... Her pleas are to be very sad. No jokes at all."

Sounds like a blast. Shamont is also suing Fox Broadcasting and producer David Zuckerman for a total of $4 million in damages. Calls to Foxx and Perry's camps were not returned.

Looks like a bogus suit ... Foxx and Martin did a "Skank Robbers"  sketch for the BET Awards in 2009 ... which aired a month before Sapp even pitched his idea to Perry (below).

Damon

It's pretty obvious that this is a spoof and not an actual movie!

Will probably show up on funnyordie.com!

wpgguy

Dont you just love how you cant report spam on the comments page for the first little while after a story is posted? between this crap and all the Karduechean and other fake celebrity stories I think its time to drop The Money Zone.

gossipgirl86

All of your posts are lame....You have no clue who these men are. This will be an awesome movie!

bunny

He robbed banks, he deserves no more money. I'm going to have my friend in prison start up a stupid lawsuit so he too can be featured on TMZ. After all, TMZ will cover anything.

Carl

The guy is probably just looking to get a change of scenery for a day as they will let him out of jail to go to the courthouse the day a judge sees (and throws out) his case.

w

I would so pay on demand to see that movie if it's made, I won't pay theater price though.

w

also I believe the guy who pitched it, Hollywood is nothing but snakes and robbers. I'm sure they stole his idea

Mildred

I happen to like Tyler Perry's movies. Some of silly, yes, but this article was particularly rude. I've seen some really stupid movies not nearly as funny as Tylers'.

truth

This form of comedy disgust me just ogre looking black men dressed as ogre looking black women. Black people always complain about negative images of themselves in the media but they put out the worst images.

I am Spartacus

Tyler Perry sucks

scarlett

I adore She-na-na, the Martin Lawrence character. I still watch that show every night. There are very few shows, none today, that match the caliber of this comedy.

reddancergal

Just what we want to see, Madea held at gunpoint by a maniac. Only a muppet would buy this lame lawsuit.

mike

Who is the countries best known black drag queen? Tyler Perry.You thought it was RUE PAUL?
The baptist black community claims to have such a big problem with gays yet they go in droves to support the black drag queens,Eddie Murphy,Martin,Jaime fox and they made the biggest one a power queen Tyler Perry.I don't get it.

jeff

Sue tyler perry for racism. Most racist shows on tv. In all the commecials on tbs they never show 1 white person. I watch old sitcoms on there alot. I see the ads all the time. Coming next year, another spinoff. "tyler perry's I hate white people". So f ck ng obvious.

Hey Now

I seriously wouldn't tell anyone this movie was my idea. Wanda and Shenehneh weren't funny back in the day, and surely aren't funny now. Madea has her moments but I wish TP would come up with a new idea. All his movies are the same plot over and over.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments