Amber Portwood

Jailhouse Letter to Brother:

Cops Are Afraid I'll Shiv Someone

1/10/2012 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Amber Portwood Jailhouse LetterPolice don't even trust Amber Portwood with a pen -- this according to a letter the "Teen Mom" wrote from inside jail, claiming cops are only willing to give her a special flexible writing utensil ... designed to prevent stabbings.

Prisoner-proof pens are pretty standard issue inside the clink ... but according to Amber's letter -- obtained by TMZ -- she's still freaked out people think she's a danger to society ... and she'll end up in prison.

Amber writes, "I don't think I'll ever take this sh*t for granted. I'm really scared I'm going to prison ... All I think about is Leah and how she needs a ro-model (sic)."

She adds, "I am a good person and I pray that I can change my life."

Amber wrote the letter to her brother last month -- after she was thrown in an Indiana jail for drug possession and failing to provide a urine test (a stipulation of her probation).

She's scheduled to appear in court on January 27 for her probation violation hearing. She faces two years behind bars.

jackmama311

no worries, your daughter will have that "ro-model" when you are locked up and america will be happy not to see your ugly mug on tmz anymore.

Kaytee

Sheesh! Amber needs a friggin education! What the heck is a Ro-Model... But she sure does know how to spell cuss words properly. What an embarrassment!

Hamptonsdude

More proof that not everyone should have kids. I feel bad for that child, the one that doesn't have Amber as a Ro-Model.

Mel

Hey, she's trying to be a sorority girl. You know as in Sigma Chi Ro or something...Ro-model.

I personally love how the people sitting in jail are afraid of going to prison. Perhaps that decision should have been made well before that point.

Susan

She wants to be a good "ro-model". lmao

Miss Greta

Every time I see hamber porkwood's face I think of the movie Deliverance.

Ro-model??? Not surprising from a ho-model.

James R. - Los Angeles

She wouldn't need to worry about her kid if she had given a halfway decent bj instead of spreading her legs . . .

jim

I'm wondering what sort of "ro-model" she's going to make if she doesn't know how to spell it. More like "ho-model" I think.

Heather

She should have finished that GED requirement for her probation! Maybe she should be spending her time in jail working towards that. ....but, people do a lot worse crimes and spend a lot less time in jail that she has.

Cheryl A.

Best thing for Leah is to be raised by people who are GOOD
Ro-Models. Amber is NOT fit to be a parent.

Joan K

TSK, TSK poor Amber, too late to worry about your daughter having a good "RO" model. You are right where you belong right now and you need some mental help.

UPYOURS

Uh huh, yup I believe you all of a sudden you have been cured of stupidity. NOT.

Zorbitor

But she hit Gare-bear in front of the kid!!! If she hit Gare-bear once, she'll hit him again!! It's the law.

Jay

Geez maybe if she finished up the GED program like the judge wanted her to Amber would know the correct spelling of "ro-model" is actually role model.

loungecat

She’s self-absorbed & uneducated like child killer Casey, hope she never gets her daughter back (we know what happened to Caylee)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments