Al Green

Obama 'NAILED' My Song

1/20/2012 10:48 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Al Green
Al Green just told TMZ ... he thinks President Barack Obama's version of "Let's Stay Together" was "terrific" and, "He nailed it."

Green, of course, is referring to Obama singing part of the first verse of the song last night at the Apollo Theater in Harlem.

Green said, "I was thrilled that the President even mentioned my name, and if the President can get the economy going again and get everything going that he wants to, then we'll all be together."

Politics aside, Obama's singing is pretty awesome.

buzz kill

To bad he doen't know the first thing about being an American, much less run the country. He would rather drive the middle class into the lower class to increase their dependancy on the government. It makes it easier for them to be controlled.

SONIAFROMCYPRESSAVEBX

He sure as heck did!

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

OMFG. The American Idol president indeed. A great guy to smoke some crack with but not to run the country thank you.

Voting for Obama AGAIN

@Beaver.....

Again and again you have shown your complete IGNORANCE and that you are INDEED VERY RACIST....

The reason Obama WON and will WIN AGAIN is simple.....the Republican candidate is WEAK. Even more WEAK this time than the last.

If you will recall, on the heels of Bush's ABYSSMAL record, the odds were slim and NONE that another Republican would be lected president. McCain was nothing more than a sacrificial lamb, because no other candidate wanted to run, especially when they THOUGHT they would be running against Hilary Clinton. So you are wrong. I did not vote for him simply because he is black. Jesse Jackson, Alan Keyes and Herman Cain would NEVER get my vote. I voted for President Obama because I wanted HIM.

That is the very thing that racists idiots like yourself dont' understand when you lump all African Americans into one category and decide FOR US that you presume to know why we chose to vote for him. It had to be 'because he is black' right???

Good Night Mr. Limbaugh (aka douchebag BEAVER idiot)

betty

This president can be serious and also have fun.For you haters you deserve another Bush or Gingrich. Men that lie and are hypocrites. Bush got us in this mess and there is no quick fix regardless who is president.Our job situation is in a mess because of corporate America greed and sending all the job overseas.

Voting for Obama AGAIN

@IC

President Barack Obama served in the Illinois State Senate 3 terms from 1997-2004. He ran for U.S Senate in 2004 was elected in July 2004 and launched his presidential bid in late 2007.

Is there anything incorrect about what I said??? He HAD years of experience as a legislator before becoming the president of this country. Your original post seemed to give the impression that he had NONE. If that was not your intent, then I beg your pardon.

She's baaaack

I'm not necessarily an Obama hater but why do the words "shucking and jiving" come to mind?

BEVERLY DANTZLER

PRESIDENT OBAMA, I SO SORRY FOR A LOT OF THE HEADACHES YOU MUST ENDURE. NO, IT NOT AN EASY JOB,BUT GOD GAVE U THIS POSITION KNOWING U CAN TAKE CHARGE, ONE (4) YEAR TERM WON'T DO IT.REMEMBER YOUR LOGO, YES I CAN. YOU CAN DO IT, BUT LOOK OUT FOR THE WHO HAVE LOSE THEIR JOB, HOMES,AND FAMILY. NO MATTER WHAT, AND I'V BEEN THRU A LOT. I CAN BE DEAD ANY DAY, BUT I WANT YOU TO KNOW, NOT BY CHOICE, THE HOSPITALS, SHOULD HAVE RESPECT THERE, THEY CARE ABOUT INSURANCE AND THEY PAYMENT. I'VE WORK 21 YEARS FOR THE CITY.MY JOB DID ME WRONG. WHATEVER U DO, LET IT ME FOR YOUR PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR YOU!!!!! ANY KIND OF WAY I CAN ASSISST WITH YOUR CAMPAIGN, JUST EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW.!!!!YOU GO PRESIDENT!!!! GOD BLESS AND WATCH OVER YOU AND FAMILY. BE BLESS

Cheetara

I would vote for Obama before I would Newt-who got so many skeletons in his closet that he's choking on the bones.

jacksonfive210

Obama is spineless his quote on the today show If the economy did not recover in three years,then there’s going to be a one-term proposition. He thought he could do it and said he would be held accountable then backed off his words and said “I always believed” fixing the economy was going to take “longer than one term.” Which one is it you talk and big game but can't back it up.

MyOpinionOnly

And of course there will be a TON of hateful, ignorant, idiotic negative comments just because our Pres showed that he has a sense of humor and can sing a few bars. Jeeze louise. And all this CRAP about him "ruining our country" is so full of it that I am getting to the point where I want to say to all of you WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE of it other than listening to the hate that has spewed out of the Republicans since this man took office? Huh? He has passed more legislation that HELPS people than any other Pres in history. He has passed health care legislation that is sorely needed and NO ONE ELSE has ever done with no help from the other side. He has SAVED our Automotive industry while the other side would have willingly helped them die. He has given ALL OF US more money in our paycheck and continues to extend unemployment benefits for those still hurting. And WHO has been denying those same people over and over?? Yeah....the dumb butts on the other side. In FACT, they Republicans have done NOTHING to help our country, our economy or or unemployment AT ALL since he was elected. The ONLY thing they have repeated over and over is that their #1 priority is to kick him out of office. Well, I'm sorry but THAT IS THE ABSOLUTE MOST UN-AMERICAN STATEMENT THAT ANY IDIOT COULD MAKE. THEY HAVE REPEATEDLY PUT POLITICS OVER OUR COUNTRY FOR THE SAKE OF MAKING OBAMA "LOOK BAD". God forbid, this man actually pull us out for the good of our country! Give me a break! Out of all the idiots currently running, they would ALL single handedly INCREASE our government reach over our lives by telling us: WHO we should marry, TAKE AWAY our rights over our bodies, MAKE THE PEOPLE PAY for ridiculous drug tests for people needing benefits because "all people on unemploeyment is either BLACK, LAZY OR DRUG USERS. Surely NOT due to the miserable Wall Street pratcies that the other Prez had happen on his watch. They will also TAKE AWAY UNION RIGHTS, TAKE AWAY ALL REGULATIONS TO HELP THE TAXPAYER, and make everyone who doesn't follow THEIR religion into terrorists and whatnot. So, for all you azzzzes out there who continue to try and put your stupid retoric on Obama that he hasn't helped....go put your head BACK in the sand where it so obviously was hidden over the last 8 years. I look forward to voting once again for the man who can do it, not any of the men who will throw us right back to the sharks. OBAMA/BIDEN 2012!!!!!!

Voting for Obama AGAIN

@MyOpinionOnly

Damned good post!! Spot on and I agree with EVERY WORD.

The only part that you left out was that this PRESIDENT Obama is the only PRESIDENT who captured and killed Osama Bin Laden. He cleaned up Bush and Cheneys left over mess from their good ol boy oil days of raping foreign lands and then sending off other people's children to pay in blood for it.

Long Live President Obama

HumanNature

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, MR. PRESIDENT!!!

HumanNature

CORRECTION

ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT, MR. PRESIDENT!!!

Asessina

Obama Voter no prob you had no way of knowing that I was referring to his career on a national level, not on a state level. When he came on the scene, like Palin, nobody knew who they were. And as you know when you vote present in the senate all you're doing on the legislation up for vote or whatever is up is saying you're in your seat and he did do that most of the time.