Heidi Klum to

File for Divorce

from Seal

1/21/2012 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0120_heidi_seal_ex_getty
Heidi Klum
will file for divorce from Seal ... TMZ has learned.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Heidi will file divorce papers in L.A. County Superior Court as early as next week. We're told Heidi will cite "irreconcilable differences" as the cause for the divorce.

The couple married May 10, 2005. They have 3 biological kids. Seal adopted Heidi's eldest girl from a prior relationship.

The couple is famous for renewing their vows every year on their anniversary ... in a lavish ceremony.

As for splitting up the goodies, there's a lot on the line. According to Forbes, in the last year alone, Klum raked in $20 million. It's unclear how much Seal made.

Heidi attended last Sunday's Golden Globes without Seal. The last photo she tweeted with him was back on December 26.

The last time TMZ filmed Seal and Heidi together, we asked her what the key to a successful marriage is. She didn't answer the question.

video platform video management video solutions video player

0120_heidi_klum_seal_minilaunchSee also

Ty

Freakin BS couples. The happiest are those that are the quietest and most humble. All this renewing the vows and telling everyone how happy they are. What a load of cr*p. Life is not like that and it was so annoying hearing all the freaking time her telling everyone how heavenly they are in love. No wonder the marriage failed. If you dont live on this earth and face the problems but instead pretend all the time and compete who has the bigger ego (Seal if I remember correctly has a GOLD Bentley ffs) it will never work.

K. Sanders

This makes me so very sad, I am a hopeless romantic & thought because they renewed their vowel's every year that they would stay married for ever, you just never know. Guess it seemed to perfect.

joannface

It's because he's black isn't it?

marissa

that is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!! what is going on in this world!

NickersKnack

that sucks, they're such a cute family and they seemed so happy. This is a couple I am sad to see break up, maybe they'll change their minds.

Kim

This makes me sad. They were one couple I really felt were in love...she obviously loved him regardless of looks. I absolutely love his song "Love Devine" it was popular when my daughter was born in 2004 and my Jazz station always played it. Everytime I hear the song I think of my daughter when she was a newborn.

Manda

hmmm its fishy.. i just heard SEALS album drops in 3 days... hmmm coincidental desire for press...

YouDontSay

I am seriously shocked!

MSMTIH

say it isn't soooo :(

G Michael Leonard

Yes. She couldn't stand that horrible remake of "Walk On By" that he did.

Joan K

She always made it sound like they were so in love and blah, blah, blah. What a joke.

kim

What kills me is these racist people calling him ugly, she must have not thought too much about ugliness and went for like she said"the bulge in his pants" and that is never a good thing to let attract you.. how about what you have in common , or simply falling in love instead of a sexual thing.. that never works out, it takes more than that for a relationship to work. With all the nannies, and all the help she had no wonder she looked decent.. try being a full time mom and raising your breeod of kids .. lets see how much of a woman you will be then!

Vanessa

ROTFLMBAO!!:)

mobeter3

Come on, TMZ. Someone tells you that she will file divorce papers, but they don't tell you why? You have to know. Give us a hint.

tricia

A married woman who continues to dress to attract the attention of men and models for a living brings pressure into a marriage that can make things hard to deal with. I'm no prude but I'm certainly never surprised when 'super models' have relationship problems. When you're single, okay..model. When you're married, you're inviting trouble. It's a shame...those little children didn't ask for this.