Heidi Klum to

File for Divorce

from Seal

1/21/2012 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0120_heidi_seal_ex_getty
Heidi Klum
will file for divorce from Seal ... TMZ has learned.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Heidi will file divorce papers in L.A. County Superior Court as early as next week. We're told Heidi will cite "irreconcilable differences" as the cause for the divorce.

The couple married May 10, 2005. They have 3 biological kids. Seal adopted Heidi's eldest girl from a prior relationship.

The couple is famous for renewing their vows every year on their anniversary ... in a lavish ceremony.

As for splitting up the goodies, there's a lot on the line. According to Forbes, in the last year alone, Klum raked in $20 million. It's unclear how much Seal made.

Heidi attended last Sunday's Golden Globes without Seal. The last photo she tweeted with him was back on December 26.

The last time TMZ filmed Seal and Heidi together, we asked her what the key to a successful marriage is. She didn't answer the question.

video platform video management video solutions video player

0120_heidi_klum_seal_minilaunchSee also

alphahaleman

who cares...all these celebraties date & marry each other,just so the media can talk about them...their all fame whores! :(

dagc2007

heide and seal 4 ever

kim

SOOO SORRY TO HEAR THAT>>> MAY they BOTH find HAPPINESS AGAIN...

DSTAngieB

I don't believe this for one minute. TMZ is such a purveyor of gossip WITHOUT ever checking their facts first.

I'll believe it when I read their publicist's press release!

jason

These thing never work out stick to your own.

Comixgrrl

I'm really surprised. They seemed like such a strong happy couple. Such a shame.

get a life ho

Beauty and the Beast only works in cartoons ,.,

PokerStar

They should work it out for their kids and put aside their frolicking around for a few. You know he has wrecked that hoo ha already and what man would want to follow that up?

Boomers

Seal is not going to be able to do any better after her. He screwed up.

Steinberg

I'm going to be perfectly honest here, Seal was BIG. But he hasn't done jack. Now heidi is making all the money. I'm pretty sure she married him for the money. I mean, come on, he's not a good looking guy. I think the only thing he has got going for him is his BBC. Other than that, it's ok to date outside of your race, but don't marry outside of your race. Stick with your own culture. Your own people. It makes for a better foundation in marriage. You share common ground instantly. That's a life long thing.

walkthisway

My best friend and I were just talking yesterday about how we were totally over these two, especially Heidi. We knew it was just too, too perfect. She's cute but not half as cute as she thinks she is. And hanging with a Kardashian? Boy that's the nail in the coffin for me. Maybe it was for Seal too.

Liz

How sad! They seemed to be so in love and were a lovely couple. No one wants to stay married anymore.

anon

I'll bet he cheated on her.

John_Dunkel

well, I'm single from Brentwood and of german heritage. How about it Heidi? :)

WhitePeople

This is an official announcement. Heidi, please stay where you are, we do not, and WILL NOT have you back. That is all. More white news at 11:00