Heidi Klum to

File for Divorce

from Seal

1/21/2012 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0120_heidi_seal_ex_getty
Heidi Klum
will file for divorce from Seal ... TMZ has learned.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Heidi will file divorce papers in L.A. County Superior Court as early as next week. We're told Heidi will cite "irreconcilable differences" as the cause for the divorce.

The couple married May 10, 2005. They have 3 biological kids. Seal adopted Heidi's eldest girl from a prior relationship.

The couple is famous for renewing their vows every year on their anniversary ... in a lavish ceremony.

As for splitting up the goodies, there's a lot on the line. According to Forbes, in the last year alone, Klum raked in $20 million. It's unclear how much Seal made.

Heidi attended last Sunday's Golden Globes without Seal. The last photo she tweeted with him was back on December 26.

The last time TMZ filmed Seal and Heidi together, we asked her what the key to a successful marriage is. She didn't answer the question.

video platform video management video solutions video player

0120_heidi_klum_seal_minilaunchSee also

John

That a shame for Seal. Look at the picture of her on the following link:

Now if you had a supermodel wife with a bush like she shows off in the picture, then hopefully this e-mail will get forwarded to her and she'll invite me over to enjoy it.

Pimpcessa

What a bummer, I totally liked them together and thought they appeared very happy.

That said, I have always believed that couples that continuously declare their undying love for each other, PUBLICALLY, are attempting to hide the demise of their union, or fighting the reality of it.

Even more evident with those that renew their wedding vows. I mean look at John Edwards and his ex/deceased wife, they renewed their vows less than a year before the scandal with his baby momma. And let's not forget Kathy Lee and Frank Gifford always screaming about the perfection of their marriage.......unless he was on a flight without her .

Brangelina next?????? I swear, I would never wish for the breakup of people with kids, but their constant PUBLIC GUSHING is just nauseating to say the least.

nh

I always thought they had a good marriage, until once I saw Seal go off all scary mad on the paparazzi. Heidi had that withdrawn, worried look on her face that you see on the faces of women whose partners are controlling and volatile. I wondered then if something were amiss...

Barbarascy

WHOA!!! I expect to see a lot of things concerning celebrities. And am not shocked by many of those things, but this IS a shocker. Something had to have happened recently. They have always seemed so happy together. I wish both of them well.

Pittsburgh's Finest

Good for her. I couldnt imagine waking up to his fugly ass everyday. Eww sh*t, he has a face only a mother can love and she probably has to close her eyes to give him a hug!

NOOOOOOOOOO

Raine

One thing about it, you knew NO ONE was EVER going to steal her man. I saw a video of the paps crowding up on Heidi & Seal and was shocked to see him yell at HER "GIT IN THE CAH" instead of protecting her and telling the paps to back off, he yelled at HER. They were maried a lifetime by hollywood marriage standards.

Superman

They were an odd couple. Don't believe what you see in the movies. Opposites don't have lasting relationships.

Allie

Superman - What do you mean by opposites? Is that a racist jab? My husband and I are "opposites" and we've been together for 30 years. Race has zero to do with it.

Asessina

Glad she has her own money and doesnt have to go for "his".

Kelster

NOOOOOOO!!!! they were the ones i was really rooting for -_-

Raine

Ic said: Glad she has her own money and doesnt have to go for "his".

Seriously, when is the last time you saw Seal with a hit song? That stupid a@@ probably doesn't even HAVE money and ol girl made 20 million last year. She will end up paying him spousal support before it's all over. The last professional gig Seal worked was hosting a victoria's secret show. Wonder who hooked him up with that. Heidi is never at home and he has been playing Mr. Mom for years and I bet that fool cheated on her to boot.

AnneNettie

Nooooooo! I thought they were so good together,guess not. Cant they both just read and apply bible principles and work it out?

Simone

What happened in the last few weeks since Heidi posted that pic of them together that would lead to this?

Me

I hope it's not true. This one would be a shocker.