2Gether

MTV Signs Off on Reunion Show

1/23/2012 3:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

2Gether

2Gether is ONE GIANT STEP closer to returning to the stage ... now that MTV has given the "boy" band its blessing for a highly-anticipated reunion show ... TMZ has learned.

2Gether -- the parody band behind the 2000 hit "U + Me = Us (Calculus)" -- put together a pitch to the network to resurrect the gang for a new TV movie.

We're told MTV was interested ... but it wasn't a high priority ... so the two sides worked out a deal, which allows the band to get the ball rolling ASAP.

Sources connected to the project tell us ... the 4 living members asked MTV for permission to take the project into their own hands -- and MTV obliged. Which means, the band will organize the show, film everything themselves and then package it for MTV ... which will ultimately decide if it will air on the network.

The guys are FIRED UP -- especially because a portion of the proceeds will go towards the Michael Cuccione Foundation ... named after the member of the group who died from cancer back in 2001.

So far, no word on when or where the concert will take place -- but we're told they're gunning for Vegas or L.A.

Bird

2gether was never the same after QT died..

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

Aren't boy bands actually just parodies of real bands anyway? So they're parodies of a parody? I'm confused.

jen

"The hardest part of breakin' up...is getting back your stuff...."haha....this totally dates me, but I even remember the video of "Hardest Part..."and actually have this song on my ipod! Does anyone also remember Popstars' girl band Eden's Crush? Nicole Scherzinger was discovered on that show.

RealityBites

Hey, if it makes money for charity I'm all for it and that show was funny as he** I watched it, kinda like the Monkeys. Yeah, I'm really dating myself LOL

Steinberg

It was lame back then and it's even more lame now. Please don't

stephvig

I hope this happens. I loved the movie and would annoy my husband by singing the songs!!!!

jeesy

BEST NEWS EVER!!!! Mtv will not regret it. U + ME = US!

Patterson23

This is MTV's green initiative...recycling garbage!

Kari

Fine--but they need to get rid of "boy band"--a couple of those look way too old for that!

tori

Never heard of them!!!

SURFCOWBOY

NONE of these douche bags are attractive. Is this band geared towards west hollywood boys?? The only panty they will drop are from gay boys who wear Diesel man panties. There is certaintly no future for this band in the straight community!

Lori

HELL EFFING YES. So excited. Alex, Noah, Kevin and Evan are amazing for making this happen!!!!

Curious Skor

I used to watch this show all the time! I was really sad when I read about Michael Cuccione's passing in 2001 because I loved this group so much. I would love to see them make a come back, even without "QT". <3 RIP Michael

Joao

who

Carl

Kind of ironic that as I read this story that they are interviewing Joey Fatone on the local news (KTLA).

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments