Paula Deen

Screw Diabetes ...

I'm Eating a BURGER!!!

1/26/2012 6:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Deen cruising through her hamburgerType 2 diabetic Paula Deen is unfazed by her life-threatening disease -- practically unhinging her jaw this week on a Caribbean cruise ... to take a heart-stopping bite out of a cheeseburger.

The picture was snapped Monday on board a Celebrity cruise ship -- where the 65-year-old is currently tempting fate, hosting her annual "Party-at-Sea" vacation for 400 devoted followers. It's hard to see, but there are also fries on her plate.

The cruise left Miami on Saturday -- and it's set to visit Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten on the 7-day calorie-filled round trip.

So far, it's unclear if they serve salads.

0126_stuffed_stars_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

BB not bb

It's her life. She should be able to eat what she wants in peace. If she dies young, at least she did what she wanted to with her life. I suppose you can eat some foods in moderation that cause diabetes. She is active and healthy apart from her blood sugar readings. She has alot of energy and seems happy. There is no need to judge her life over how she chooses to enjoy it.

Maybe it is a good burger and she is trying to live it up a little. Now is someone going to ccndemn her for being a bad role model? All she has to do is eat a burger any more and she gets in the news.

Julies

Wow, Dean takes her money grubbing to another level. Yay, let's all hurt people, animals and the environment to make a buck! Paula Dean is a true American thug. Shame on you, girl.

i said lesbians...

please people, lets not be too rude.

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

Good for her. Keep it up, fat ass.
I predict she's dead by this time next year.

Joey

Doesn't Paula dean look like the girl on Mars in Total Recall Arnold Dresses up as?

Joey

This is when Arnold first enters Mars.

campy

That's one big pie hole.

Mimi

What do y'all get out of your hate rants against an old lady?

Phil

...and she lay in a milk chocolate coffin lined with marshmallow fluff

The Real JJ

Let her eat and be happy. Thats her choice.

Gigi

She is a grown woman and she can eat whatever she wants. She has lived to be 65, so she must be doing something right. She has never tried to pretend her food is healthy or that she only eats healthy foods. And damn near every person in this country has enough common sense to know that her dishes aren't healthy. Some people just want to live their lives and eat what they want and die knowing they did things how they wanted. They don't want to live to be 90, eating salads and chicken breast every day. And that is obviously who she is, and who her audience is.

pandoraspocks

Maybe she's trying to adjust her diet but once in a while she wants a burger. It's no secret she likes food. If all the food network showed was healthy eating no one would watch. It's boring. Maybe next time you can show her buttering a piece of toast. Shocking !!

Youphemism

Hey, it's a burger, not the Antichrist. She's on a cruise. When I was on one, I asked the waiter whether I should get the butterfly-cut prawns in garlic butter or the filet mignon. He told me not to decide and brought both. I finished 'em. I'm not a diabetic, but then I haven't done that many cruises. (I'd certainly consider volunteering to be part of a medical study to test any connection between the two.)

My point is, the cruise line got off cheap for just a burger.

Bad picture? Yeah, okay. No, I know. Really bad. "...can be used as a floatation device" bad. "...probably the one who caused that Italian cruise ship to scrape the bottom" bad. But I have some pretty embarrassing vacation photos, too. And they're of you.

Penelope

I want to thank Paula for making me see how fat I was and how risky my eating habits were. I am the same age as her, and after going thru a devastating divorce-alone in a strange city with no friends- I ate what ever I wanted and it just made matters worse. I cooked a few of Paula's dishes for a dinner for family - the Mac and Cheese and sure it was absolutely delicious...but seeing the photos of Paula and knowing type 2 diabetes runs in my family....now I am reading every label on everything I eat. I can not believe she is eating this kind of food. Unless that is a veggie burger she is eating...she should throw the bread away and it the burger with a knife and fork. She seems like a sweety but she had better watch out as she is a role model, like it or not. Be careful what you ask for when you pursue the life of a celeb...everyone is watching you.

Dave

Seriously people? You dont know what her medical condition is, you dont know if she has her blood sugars under control? As a fellow diabetic sometimes we make a bad choice in what we eat because it is hard to do everything perfect. She is on a cruise, she had a burger, it is NOT the end of the world. Instead of tearing someone down for a bad choice, maybe try to help with something positive. TMZ you can do better than this. Maybe Harvey should reach out to her and talk about his diet and try to help.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments