Paula Deen

Screw Diabetes ...

I'm Eating a BURGER!!!

1/26/2012 6:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Deen cruising through her hamburgerType 2 diabetic Paula Deen is unfazed by her life-threatening disease -- practically unhinging her jaw this week on a Caribbean cruise ... to take a heart-stopping bite out of a cheeseburger.

The picture was snapped Monday on board a Celebrity cruise ship -- where the 65-year-old is currently tempting fate, hosting her annual "Party-at-Sea" vacation for 400 devoted followers. It's hard to see, but there are also fries on her plate.

The cruise left Miami on Saturday -- and it's set to visit Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten on the 7-day calorie-filled round trip.

So far, it's unclear if they serve salads.

0126_stuffed_stars_footer

tori

This story is ridiculous,the woman can eat whatever she wants. I'd love to see what these haters eat and what there health looks like!Buzz off!!!

BonusMom

It's more than likely articles like this that made Paula reluctant to come forward as a diabetic and your unkind article, with equally unflattering photo, has validated those concerns. Perhaps she didn't come forward as she knew that once she did her face would be plastered across a tabloid everytime she popped a Tic-Tac in her mouth with an accompanying article questioning her judgment and health decisions. Her health is her and her family's concern...not yours!

Eric

It's her life she can eat whatever she wants. Just because you Californians like to eat nasty stuff like sushi and tofu doesn't mean everyone else does.

BC

To all you hypocrite criticizers : I hope the next time YOU'RE enjoying a hamburger someone takes your pic & post it on the internet so people like YOU can put you down for doing the same thing they do! You are all a bunch of hypocrites!!

NancyC

#1 - Looks like a like of SALAD on that burger to me.
#2 - Diabetics CAN have burgers and fries - DUH - educate yourself BEFORE you "squeal" on somebody!!!
#3 - Leave her alone - it's her life, body, etc.

Cynthia

Pls don't make the mistake of thinking that Ms. Deen will be the poster child for Type 2 diabetes.

Proud2bBlack

400 devoted followers? more like 400 pound devoted followers.

Tracy Roberts

ya know its pretty pathetic how people are so ignorant. Im a diabetic. insulin Dependant too. diabetics CAN eat more then salad ya know. the meat is a protein and protein counters sugar and stops the sugar from over bearing the body. people really should do their research before posting trash against other people. diabetics can eat more then just salad you know, we just cant pour hole granulated sugar in our gutts! jesus will this country ever learn paparazzi is bull and they know nothing. this article offends me to the fullest. I commend her for enjoying something good.

Polly

Dear TMZ, please educate yourself on Diabetes before posting nonsense. If Paula's sugars are under control she can eat a hamburger. If not then she needs to watch her sugars and carbs. The only thing on that burger that would have carbs is the bun and the fries which she can eat in moderation. Diabetics are encouraged to eat protein so a hamburger was a good choice. Being fat also doesn't mean you are or will be diabetic.

eggrolls

If these new Novartis meds she's hawking work, she can eat anything she damn well wants. Food is NOT kryptonite - you have to pay more attention than other people, but it's not that hard to manage. Only the uninformed and people trying to start a furor over nothing think Diabetics have to live on rabbit food.

KRing

Meat is not bad for diabetics. The bun is worse then the meat. Carbs and Sugar is what diabetics need to watch for. Try again TMZ when she is eating a cookie or piece of cake.

Less1leg

Let's see, If I eat healthy according to HealthNuts I'm depressed, look awful. I fart sawdust, and grumpy all the time because I need something to eat. Yeah, I -- might -- live a couple of years longer. But dementia has set in and I'm sitting in a retirement home holding area because my memory is gone.
On the other hand, I'm happy, eat well, sometimes wrong. But I make an effort to balance out my extravagances with something else. But I'm happy. I -- might-- die from a heart attack, but compared to living like a zombie with no brains or memories sitting looking out a window in a retirement home.
I think Paula is more right than wrong. I'd rather be a "happy heart attack" than a brain dead zombie being fed in Retirement Home.

Rose

There are diabetic-friendly options to everything from a slobbering "burger" to a plate full of pasta and cheese! Such ignorance...

susanne

As I diabetic I know you can enjoy foods such as a burger and fries and manage your blood sugar. Lots of people with diabetes can eat cake and pie just in moderation.

Mandi

It's ok to have a burger once in a while, and maybe this is when she decided to have it. As a former diabetic its fine to eat everything in moderation as long as your blood sugars are good.