Soap Actor's Suicide

Condo Board Member

Accepts NO Responsibility

1/29/2012 6:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0128_nick_Reg_02
A member of the condo board that Nick Santino said pressured him to euthanize his pit-bull -- a decision that drove him to suicide -- says the condo board is NOT responsible for his death.

Board member Marilyn Fireman says she is sorry that Santino is dead, but says it has nothing to do with the building's no-pet policy. She tells the NY Post, "You just assumed that [his suicide] was a result of a board’s decision."

Fireman did concede Santino routinely complained about the building’s anti-dog policies.

Santino's sister tells the paper the family is holding off on funeral arrangements until the dead dog's ashes are brought home ... saying, "They'll be buried together."

Santino had his beloved and healthy pit-bull Rocco put to sleep on Tuesday, Santino's 47th birthday. A few hours later, he overdosed on pills.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

mebrat24

Board member Marilyn Fireman says she is sorry that Santino is dead,
I bet that makes every one feel better.

EatMe

Marilyn Fireman has no soul. I would feel guilty as hell in her position. I'm sure she is glad to have them both gone. P.O.S.!!!

Greygoose125

I really don't understand why he euthanized his dog instead of finding a good home for his pet? Did the dog have an illness or was suffering? Sad situation for all involved.

RealityBites

Why did he have a dog if they had a no pet policy? I hadn't heard that part. And yes, why did he put the dog to sleep, I don't understand his thinking, I'm so sorry he died, but I feel he had issues, and it makes me mad that a healthy animal had to die for his mental issues. Just sad all around. His family should have stepped in if he was suffering so much.

Jen

I don't even know who this guy is; and if he had personal issues that drove him to suicide, that's too bad. BUT WHY could he not find a loving home (like mine) to place the dog? He's the POS for having no sense about animals - beloved pet, yeah, so I'll just kill him because I can't have him live with me...ARE YOU SERIOUS?? May Rocco rest in peace.

livereater

the condo board caused his suicide. disgusting.

EatMe

It's my understanding that his realization that he made a bad decision by euthanizing his friend is what drove him to suicide. People can make bad rush decisions when they are under extreme pressure. I have had to euthanize 3 friends, 2 for cancer and 1 for a brain tumor. Even though I know logically it was the right thing to do in all cases, it still hurts me tremendously that I killed my friends.

Kari

I agree completely with the Condo Board. I had to move once because of a pet, and I was happy to do it for the pet. You don't put your pet to sleep and then kill yourself. I don't think the dog had a thing to do with his suicide. I feel badly for his family.

FlamingoNut

And because someone suggests you put a pet to sleep, you oblige? This guy was truly an idiot.

Mary

This is such a sad story, couldn't he have found a friend or relative to take the dog temperally so he could have found another place to live?

Kathie

He must have had mental health issues...people with less financial resources than him would have chosen to move elsewhere with their beloved pet.

Spencer B in MD

Man, that poor dude - Why didn't he just contact "The North Shore Animal League"? They are located close to where he lived. They are a No-Kill Shelter who would have helped find a new home for Rocco. I don't understand - He had options, WAY more options than the one he chose for both of them. It doesn't make sense. Perhaps he had been thinking about this for quite some time and this just put him over the edge.
BTW, I think that Marilyn Fireman is a b*tch. F her.

jakyl

Obviously this guy was very mentally ill. No sane person puts their healthy dog to sleep and then kills themselves. The condo board is not at fault for enforcing rules he had to abide by. Move or find your pet a nice place where you can visit him. Absurd.

Spencer B in MD

Marilyn Fireman = Cruella De Ville

She has blood on her wicked hands

F-her

Ernie

There has to be more to it than his dog being put to sleep. That may have been the tipping point, but there's more to the story I beleive. Would not be shocked to read a story about his finances or troubled relationships in next few weeks. Maybe work related. If he did kill himself for the sole reason of losing his dog, he was a very troubled/depressed person before this happened. Many people go through his situation, but can't recall anyone taking their own life. Very sad.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments