Soap Actor's Suicide

Condo Board Member

Accepts NO Responsibility

1/29/2012 6:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0128_nick_Reg_02
A member of the condo board that Nick Santino said pressured him to euthanize his pit-bull -- a decision that drove him to suicide -- says the condo board is NOT responsible for his death.

Board member Marilyn Fireman says she is sorry that Santino is dead, but says it has nothing to do with the building's no-pet policy. She tells the NY Post, "You just assumed that [his suicide] was a result of a board’s decision."

Fireman did concede Santino routinely complained about the building’s anti-dog policies.

Santino's sister tells the paper the family is holding off on funeral arrangements until the dead dog's ashes are brought home ... saying, "They'll be buried together."

Santino had his beloved and healthy pit-bull Rocco put to sleep on Tuesday, Santino's 47th birthday. A few hours later, he overdosed on pills.

Eric

It was a dog dude. He could have always moved out of that place if he wanted to keep the dog. He has to have some issues I've never heard of someone killing themselves over a dog.

barb

Why didn't he just move?

AntiSocialForum.com

All Home Owners Associations are power hungry Nazis on a power trip

Kolohe

I would live in my car, a neighbor's garage, or the street before I unnecessarily euthanized my healthy "best friend". My issues should not tax my friends. I don't want to vilify a man who was so unhappy, but I suspect that his decision to commit suicide came well before that dog was taken to the vet for extermination. Perhaps he didn't want to go alone. I feel for this man's sadness but I hurt for this innocent animal's premature death.

Kev the Realist

Wake Up People. He committed suicide. If he was that weak a person that he let the cir***stances lead him to committ suicide, he had other problems. In NY you know if there is a pet policy and you could always MOVE. This a garbage that you morons wopuld blame a condo board. He killed himself. Period. Get real people, if you are that committed to your pet, then you have a lot of other issues. What happens if your pet gets hit and killed by a car, do you go kill the other driver?????? My God we as a society are really screwed up, and the worst of the bunch are these iodits who blame the condo association

Ted Allen

What a Witch with a B. Even Leona Helmsley loved her dog. Her comments are cold cold COLD

Sown

What??? A board says you can'thave a pet at that house and you put the dog to sleep and then take pills over that?? How about moving???????????? that makes no sense,none of it! really, who kills a beloved pet over rules???'

Ted Allen

We all have our issues, but clearly the dog helped him handle them. Her comments on the situation are despicable. What a chill monster she must be.

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

Everybody needs to find out the address of Marilyn Fireman and send her a box of human feces. What a horrible human being. I hope karma catches up with her in a big way. He should have set his building on fire before he died and tried to take her and a few other idiotic neighbors with him.
I hope the someday feel so guilty that they kill themselves too. That would be hilarious.

moso

I don't know who this guy is but he knew damn well that it was a no pet policy... Was he so special that he could bring one in?? NO.. They asked him to get rid of it FROM THE CONDO not to kill the dog. he did that on his own.. And for him to kill himself afterwards.. he had major issues....
The board had nothing to do with his death!!!!

PM2901

Marilyn Fireman is just trying to cover her a*ss. She's probably thrilled that there's a vacancy and they'll get even more $$ for the unit. What vet put to sleep a healthy dog? I feel so bad for Santino. Clearly he already had emotional problems and the insensitive board pushed him to the edge. May he and his beloved dog RIP.

growup

The dog was known to be aggressive in the building. What were they supposed to do, wait until it mauled or killed someone? Then they'd have a lawsuit on their hands. I'm sorry, but a breed like that, which is known for its unpredictability, should not be allowed near people.

No1special

He must have thought it was the best thing at the time. He probably wanted to be with his dog until the end and be by his side. It wasn't until after that he realized he couldn't cope. That dog could have had a miserable life without him. He couldn't move and had no available help. The truth is sad. RIP

Pam

The board may not be legally responsible, but moral responsibility is a different matter. I wouldn't want to have this on my conscience. Then again, maybe conscience doesn't apply here.

My condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Nick and Rocco.

JimmyB

A condo board can't have a "no pet" policy? Of course they can. How stupid to say otherwise.

He knew the policy when he moved in. He obviously had major issues. The condo board was absolutely correct.