'Star Trek' Star

Popped for DUI

1/31/2012 2:39 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0131_avery_brooks_getty_EX
"Star Trek" star Avery Brooks was busted for DUI ... TMZ has learned.

63-year-old Brooks -- who played Benjamin Sisko on "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" -- was arrested Sunday in Wilton, Connecticut after someone complained he was driving erratically.

Cops pulled Brooks over and after a sobriety test he was arrested for DUI.

If convicted, Brooks could get 6 months in the pokey, although in most states first-time offenders end up with probation -- and as far as we know Brooks has no priors.

A rep for Brooks has no comment.

0323_celebrity_dui_footer

remy

he should have just beamed home

John the Lawyer

Good to see Benjamin Sisko is taking time off from the wormhole and the prophets for a change

angieb09

HEY IF THEY CONTINUE TO LET LOHEN OFF FOR THE 19TH TIME/THIS IS HIS ONE AND ONLY, NO EXCUSE, BUT PUT HIM ON PROBATION, COMM SVC, REHAB IF NEEDED AND MOVE.

ME623

I haven't heard anything about Avery Brooks in a long time. I had completely forgotten about him. Out of sight, out of mind. I did like him on Spencer for hire tho.

ionosphere

Maybe he was celebrating the prophets finally releasing him from the celestial temple. I had no idea he made it back out of the worm hole until I saw this.

Donald

He was on DS9. It wasn't the Romulan Ale that got him. It was the Ferengie "Slug-O-Cola".

JSkagnetti

I honestly bet you he wasn't even drunk. Have you seen the guy on interviews lately? He's borderline nuts. I say he was probably just talking to himself and rambling on about hearing the muuuusic in his head and the cop had to take him in. Either that or he thought the cop was a shapeshifter and tried to resist.

FUTOO

A couple of bars of gold pressed latinum,and a good lawyer will get him out of this jam--this time

Rg

No!!!!He is NOT the Allstate insurance guy. Typical ignorance shining brightly......Sorry buddy but WE do not all look alike. WOW!And it's 2012 people not 1712.

sheila

I am a fan of his, and I hope he will get himself together. I love to hear him speak and he has such a gorgeous singing voice. I certainly hope he will continue acting or teaching, because he is good at both.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2