« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Super Bowl Halftime Show

M.I.A. Flashes Middle Finger

2/5/2012 5:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

MIA middle finger at the Super Bowl
It wasn't Janet Jackson's nipple, but M.I.A. flashed a body part of her own during the Super Bowl halftime show just now -- her middle finger!

It went down as she and Nicki Minaj joined Madonna on stage for their song, "Give Me All Your Luvin."

It's been eight years since JJ changed the face of television forever after revealing her breast at the end of her SB performance with Justin Timberlake. The Patriots were playing on that day as well and came away victorious.

So we ask ...

*Thanks to TMZ readers Aaron and Jamie for the quick screen grab.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

WhoTheHellCares

Oh my! A middle finger on live TV! The world is ending! Jeez - most kids with quick enough eyes to catch it won't even know what it means. However, they need to learn it anyway in today's society. The world is not all sunshine lollipops and rainbows these days. And once kids know the gesture's meaning, that doesn't mean they'll use it. All I'm saying is that we wouldn't want the uninformed children to smile and wave hello like an idiot when someone flips them the bird. Here's an instructional video that is alot more educational than the brief Super Bowl clip (enjoy):

FrankFontaine

You see the thing is my American friends, M.I.A is what we call a "Chav" in England...

Dita Wildflower

Madonna is incredible. What an entrance. Like a Roman god. NOONE does it like Madonna. All eyes were glued on her. She IS the QUEEN of pop culture. 53 years old and the whole show was on fire. In 6 inch heels no less. What an exit... WORLD PEACE lit across the stadium for the millions of eyes to see...she know's how to deliver.

Sandra

The show was so terribly bad that I stopped watching early on!! Madonna is washed up and no longer relevant in2012 !! Sadly she will not get the concept she has been replaced by younger and better talent!!

FINE HER!

I thought Madonna was wonderful but just as Janet and Justin got in hot water, I think flipping the bird is just as offensive on network tv. I'm a bird flipper myself but rules are rules and wannabes such as MIA should pay her dues. Bye bye loser!

jason

Who was she flippin off?? If it was me and the rest of you then I say F her too! And that goes double for that no talent has been steaming pile of mediocrity....Madonna!

Trever

DID THE GIANTS PLAYER SAY HE IS GOING TO TMZ STUDIO??!!??!?

Trever

Did The Giants PLAYER SAY HE IS GOING TO I Just Won The Superbowl And I am Going To TMZ STUDIO??!!

URSilly

In the future NBC and the NFL should have every single performer, singer, etc sign a contract that if they make any kind of offensive gesture during the half time show, INTENTIONALLY to draw attention or to flame, that they should have to pay a multi-million dollar fine and offer a public apology.

Kabala

Madonna rocked - luved it!!

Kabala

Madonna sucked and should quit!!

Kabala

:-))

Poor, poor Mindy ...

URSilly? You are RIGHT!!!!!

ohyesidid

Keeping it classy MIA...er...trashy...

TheMarshmallowMan

No offense but I am sure little children don't even know what the middle finger is, that being said, the only good part of Madonna performance was Vogue but that was large in part due to the backup dancers and the theatrics and than it fell apart after that. Gaga probably could of done it better and I'm not even a Gaga fan.