'Cougar Town' Star

$200,000 Cat Fight with Manager

2/23/2012 2:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0221_christa-miller_getty_ex
"Cougar Town" star Christa Miller's manager insists the actress exploited her to get a job on the show ... then refused to pay her $200,000 in commissions -- but she overlooks one teensy detail... Christa's MARRIED to the freaking show creator.

Manager Jill Littman filed the lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court -- claiming Christa violated an oral agreement to pay her 10% of all "Cougar Town" earnings ... after she helped Christa land the gig ... a sum totaling at least $198,187.

Jill claims Christa paid her for Season One -- but then the checks stopped coming.

Relevant side note -- Christa's married to "Cougar Town" creator Bill Lawrence ... and call it a hunch, but she probably didn't need Jill's help getting the acting job.

Calls to Christa Miller were not returned.

awards

Why are women so nasty to each other? Does this manager think this will be good for her business?

EggsOverEasy

This entire story is f*cking pathetic, doesn't matter whose side you are on.. Cougar town?? Really??

My Big Salami

I don't know who is more famous my Uncle Nobody or Her?

Superman

Her whole career is based on nepotism. I suspect the "manager" was just something to have because everybody else had one.

FlamingoNut

I don't think nepotism has much to do with her role; she's actually perfect for it. Maybe her husband did create the role just for her; she's basically the same nasty bitch she was on Scrubs, well, not quite as nasty. Regardless, I like her. Talk about a bogus lawsuit.

And TMZ, you really need to work on what can be posted in these threads...

Sandy Jay

Christa Miller used to be so hot, not she looks disgusting. Seriously, WTF did she do to her face? And her lips? It's a good thing that she doesn't have to show much emotion because her face is so botoxed it would crack.

seatart

Then why did she pay her for the first season? Questions, questions...

cass

Then why did she pay her for an entire year to begin with if she didn't need and/or use her?

Pay the damn 200K!

Paul

If she paid for season one, doesn't that imply Christa Miller acknowledges the agreement?

ChrisJ

You still have to pay your manager a commission regardless of the fact that the husband is the creator. Otherwise don't have a manager.

BTW I saw Miller in a taping of "The Drew Carey Show" in the 90's. She was by FAR the least competent actor. Multiple takes required to get her lines correct. She laughed the mistakes off, but she would be a nightmare to work with. Most sitcom actors have their lines down pat and deliver them correctly the first time.

I doubt she would have a career without family connections...

Tina

She sure looks different than when she played Kate on the Drew Carey show. Not sure what she changed but does not even look like the same woman.

Phil

Christa is known to torture the crew and cast around her but with hubby Bill Lawrence she knows she can't be fired. The reason Christa always plays a bitch is that it's type casting. And all the facelifts in the world can't change that.

pam

Nothing special about this story so I thought I would comment on Cougar Town in general, It would seem it is gearing up to finish, when the 'two' get married it usually is the end of the show.Sometimes unintentionally, but I noticed the name at the end of the show is 'coquette'..... so I think maybe they will finally agree to divorce,(or not) although Courtney has said she has stayed true to her vows (which I think is the right thing to do until you divorce) we all know David A has not, so maybe this will be the beginning of dividing the assets and moving on. I must say this is weird, the child is old enough to know what being married is, they must have had a dosey of a talk. I do not understand why they are still married but they must? and in the end that is all that matters. But, I still think she is wrapping the show up. Where does it have left to go?

Mona

Who is she connected to? Im too lazy to google.

Kelly