Sacha Baron Cohen

RIPS The Academy,

You're Just Like an Evil Dictator!

2/24/2012 7:42 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0224_dictator_sacha_speaks_launch
Sacha Baron Cohen is comparing the Oscars to a power hungry tyrant ... pointing out how the Academy has stripped him of his right to free speech ... just like his dictator alter-ego would do. Oh, the hypocrisy!

SBC released a new video statement -- while in character as General Aladeen from his new movie "The Dictator" ... in which he says, "I am OUTRAGED at being banned from The Oscars by the  Academy Of Motion Pictures Arts and Zionists.”

He adds, "While I applaud the academy for taking away my right to free speech ... I warn you that if you do not lift your sanctions and give me my tickets back by 12 PM on Sunday, you will face unimaginable consequences!"

Cohen also takes a shot at Hilary Swank ... presumably because she attended a birthday party for an alleged war criminal.

In case you haven't heard -- the Academy reportedly BANNED Cohen from attending the awards because it got word that he would arrive dressed as General Aladeen ... and officials felt the stunt would take away from the prestige of the event.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

HermesHeiress

Oscar is to prestigious ...as Jonah hill is to great acting.

Cruise Lover

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Zionists. C'mon people that WAS funny.

Lonnie

Not sure if this'll get passed Zionist ******* Harvey's censors, but where's your ****ing outrage against Israeli genocide of Palestinians, Sasha? The dictionary doesn't define genocide as "only when it's against Jewish people."

Cosi

Appearing dressed as the dictator would be a promotion of his new movie. Milking free publicity.Free speech? If someone invites some to a party, has right of making own demands, or even trow someone out is someone doesn't behave. Naive concept of free speech from comedian's part. Now he tries to stir contorversy: how pathetic... Wounded ego at play, nothing more, with this hysterical comparison of Oscars to dictatorships. Even restaurants can refuse service to anyone. This is their freedom of decision. The comedian is criticizing others that they took away hos freedom of speech, but he wants to take away their right of making independent decision. Dictatorships refuse to grant people the right of decision making, so, the comedian is using double standards here. Pathetic and childish, nothing more. Was not the way he used people in the process of making Borat a sign of ideological thinking: my idea is better than people?

Comedians are quite often like tanks, trampling on people.

Sem

I find it perplexing that not one person has mentioned that Sacha Baron Cohen appears in a movie nominated for Best Picture.

Anonymous

No-talent a-hole.

richard

I can´t believe my eyes reading the comments..Probably this is a Wadyan or Kazachstan web...:-)....Sasha Baron forever!

richard

FATj2112

Yeah, this movie is a real stretch for the actor Sacha Baron Cohen...
He has to play the role of a goofy foreigner,WOW! Never saw that before.
Sacha Baron Cohen...NO TALENT BUM!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6