TMZ Live

NASCAR Explosion

Great Ratings, But Too Risky?

2/28/2012 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022812_tmzlive

The Daytona 500 came to a screeching halt after a massive jet fuel explosion ... that would have been even more spectacular -- if there was a decent shot of the wreck! What went wrong on TV ... and what did the NASCAR drivers ON the track think? One of 'em joins us, y'all.

Plus, Harvey's favorite person in the world ... Gladys Knight ... calls in to tell us what she REALLY thinks about her new "Dancing with the Stars" partner Tristan MacManus -- and Nancy Grace.

Also, shaving your foot bones just to fit into a pair of Jimmy Choos sounds like the dumbest idea ever -- but people actually do it, and guess which shoe hoarder here at TMZ wants it too?

TMZLive-Download-Podcast-Graphic

(0:45) The great Gladys Knight is back! She hated not spilling the beans about "Dancing" last time.
(3:35) Gladys is stoked over her new "Dancing" partner ... minus the fact he was Nancy Grace's partner last season.
(10:30) NASCAR driver Dave Blaney calls in -- he explains how last night's explosive wreck may have cost him millions.
(16:00) Evan is baffled -- how was there not a camera in place to catch the explosion from close-up?
(20:30) Kelsey and Camille Grammer's divorce ended ... amicably!?! This can't be true.
(27:00) Anna scares the crap out of Harvey -- she says shaving bones in your feet to fit into Jimmy Choo shoes is a genius idea.
(29:15) The amount of shoes Anna owns FLOORS Charles.
(36:20) Herman Cain ... and the curious case of Jennifer Lopez's possible nip slip.
(40:30) Major Zumba awkwardness behind the scenes at TMZ.

Singing Chef

I was just watching the dark haired girl that works in the office who wears glasses. I was very disturbed by the fact that she keep saying Angelina Jolie isn't skinny. With that much denial she might have a body image problem and you should probably keep an eye on her eating habits!

Tom

I love Katherine Jenkins, but I wish she didn't do this. I know when she sang 2 seasons ago, her album went to #1 on the Classical charts the next day. She's very well known in England(she reportedly has a net worth of $30 million), but foreigners are the early sacrificial lambs on DWTS. Her fans are not watching DWTS over the pond. She's an admitted girlie girl and I can't see her being too physical, although she is beautiful. I like Maria Menounos but I'm pissed that Derek Hough get's another young hottie. Why can't he get Gladys Knight? I hated Martina Navratolova when she was beating Chris Evert, but I've got a lot of respect for her now; ESPN thought she was going to die last year(breast cancer). She gave up a lot of money in her career by not denying she was a lesbian and standing up for the cause - a lot different than Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods becoming corporate shills. I think she can get a lot sympathy from the older women that are the backbone of DWTS. I'm listening to your talking and you guys don't understand why they created DWTS. It started as some people at an Elton John birthday party with a ballroom theme. These guys got the idea for a show and created Burn the Floor in England. It went around the world. From there they had the idea for a TV show, but they didn't think anyone would watch unless they had famous people. Personally, I would rather watch professionals. But people like to see people out of their element, I suppose.

Lisa

HARVEY - RE: Jimmy Choo feet - PLEASE ENSURE ANNA GETS PROFESSIONAL HELP

scott

HARVEY!!! You should consider yourself to be a mentor to your staff, and the fact that Anna would shave the bones of the foot to fit whatever shoes are in style at the present time is absolutely crazy. These people spend more time with you than their families, so please give them good guidance.

Jackie Camborde

ZUMBA on TMZ - FINALLY! I was soooo excited to see such a fun segment on my chosen profession - all I can say is MORE! You need to get more celebs in Zumba class - Jordin Sparks, J Lo and Jennifer Hudson are all fans....let's see 'em busting a move in the best cardio party workout in the world!

Lucille

I hope Gladys will sing on DWTS too.

Jess

ok first off anna is a little crazy and not just because of the shoe thing but in the past other stuff she has said. but the whole wrestlers doing zumba, that is for a reality show they are filming for the wwe network called legends house it is filming now in palm springs where there are zumba classes, the guy in the office who claims to be a wreslting fan should have know this.

Susie

This is a ridiculous headline-- It's not like they planned it the crash to happen... DER!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2