Keshia Knight Pulliam Sued

You Make a FORTUNE

on 'House of Payne'

3/1/2012 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0301_keshia_knight_pulliam_bn
Keshia Knight Pulliam made $20k PER EPISODE to star on "House of Payne" this season ... and then fired the agents who put the deal together ... this according to a new lawsuit obtained by TMZ.

KKP is being sued by Greene & Associates Talent Agency ... which claims it signed Keshia back in 2007 and immediately got her a lead role on the Tyler Perry TV show as Miranda Payne.

G&A claims it kicked ass for KKP, getting her between $7,500 to $20k per episode ... including $20k per ep for all of the 2011-12 season ... not bad.

But not good enough for Keshia ... because according to the suit, she fired G&A back in July.

There's just one BIG problem ... G&A claims Keshia never forked over a single cent in commission from the 'Payne' deal ... and several other shows it worked on for Keshia.

Now, the agency is suing for more than $100k in back payments PLUS more than $250k for commissions that Keshia stands to earn in the future from deals it helped put together.

Seldombinlaid

I seen that picture, and thought this was about Little Wayne. She looks like Wheezy at a glance.

peachpie

What have you done lately these triflin guys want to ride Keisha off the same deal until she dies.

Orlando

Most agencies have the commission check sent direct and a second check goes to the artist. Or it all goes through the agency. We don’t have the entire story.

CriticXtreme

This is definitely not a good picture of her....

svalover

This doesn't sound right. If they represented her since 07, how likely is it that they never received a dime from her, but continued to represent her for free until 2011. Something doesn't sound right. I wouldn't keep working for you for 4 years, without any payment. They might just be bitter because she let them go.

Truth

I've never liked her, even as Rudy.

rosa

I've seen Keshia before in ATL and she was rude!!! The only serious role she had was as Rudy 100yrs ago. I hope G&A get their money and her a stylist, hair, and mua person

Cricket

Hmm. Interesting. I read an interview with Tyler Perry where he said he asked her to be on the show because he was a big fan of the Cosby Show. From what I always heard, Perry sought Pullium out, not vice versa. I am her age and grew up with her. I am a white American, and I love her, Tyler Perry and House of Payne. Why is race being brought into all these comments, who cares about that. Oh well, my problems are still worse than hers.

LH

If they represented her for that long, how is it possible that they never got anything out of her? Plus, don't the agents get the money first and then the clients get what's left? IDK that's what I thought. We don't have the full story or her reasons for firing them, maybe they're just upset. Notice this usually happens when someone fires their agent.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2