'16 and Pregnant' Star

Arrested for Stealing Pregnancy Test

3/2/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Whitney Purvis mug shot -- she was arrested in Georgia yesterday
"16 and Pregnant" star Whitney Purvis was arrested in Georgia yesterday ... after cops say she  shoplifted a pregnancy test from a local Walmart ... and used it in the store.

According to the police report, the 20-year-old MTV star stashed a First Response pregnancy test in a hooded jacket ... and then "took it to the restroom with her and used one."

Purvis allegedly tried to sneak out of the store through a side door ... but she was busted by store security ... who put her under citizens arrest and called local police.

According to the report, the pregnancy test was valued at $15.98.

Purvis was hauled to a nearby police station where she was booked for misdemeanor theft by shoplifting.

Purvis was featured on the MTV show in 2009. Her mother was busted for meth in Georgia last year.

Irish Pubes

So she's the "star" of 16 And Pregnant, but doesn't know if she's pregnant? Awesome.

meizwhacked

I'm betting her test results read: "LOSER!"

SC

So, was the pregnancy test result(s) negative or positive?

Roberta

Wow, could've just gotten a "free" one from the "free" clinic!lol

rick

MTV star ?? Who the hell is this person and who watches this garbage ? see what the morons of America have done. they continually make talentless losers like this considered "stars"

Jim

T R A S H

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

"O beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain..."

Casey

Seriously? Why is this even considered 'news'? MTV should be ashamed of themselves for promoting (and probably encouraging) pregnant teenagers. So basically the message that all us teenagers are getting is: 'Get pregnant at sixteen and you could be famous! Never mind the fact that you're still in high school and still have no means of supporting the baby, as long as I get my fifteen minutes that's all that matters'.

I wonder how many of these teenagers got pregnant because of MTV and wanting to get on their suite of shows or because of Jamie Lynn...sad

Bubo22

These fools on Teen Mom and 16 And Pregnant are not stars. They are ghetto losers.

Amy Jones

Are you kidding me?!? Yes, you can get the test a The Dollar General Store for $1 but if I'm going to put myself into a situation where that I'm going to be arrested, it is going to be for a whole lot more than a stupid $16 test!! They will be looking for me because I've stolen @ least $400 worth of electronics, clothes, & possibly for robbing the pharmacy (getting preg. tests, of course). This just proves what society has come to. When you are raised like a piece of trash, thats exactly what you are going to act like when you get older. This is NOT to say that her parents raised her wrong-there are some "bad apples" that just come out of the womb that way. It does appear that her mom doesn't have the greatest reputation (drug arrest). I wonder what the dad thinks about the whole thing. If he left, NO WONDER!!!!

WarPunisher84

Tell you the truth. She can sue wal mart for their security stopping her. I know this because i use to be wal mart security and I know that they cant do that. If you want to know more ask me about it.

Amanda

lol Really though? Walmart even has the ones that are less than a dollar now... She could have found a dollars worth of change on the ground in the parking lot... lol SMH

Cognizant _illiberal

the czeck republic sterilized all the gypsies i think these teen sluts are a notch below gypsys they should be killed

Agame

Why in the world are we punishing this girl? Yes what she did was wrong but I think everyone needs to take a look at the rhe bigger picture here! She is a 16 year old stealing a pregnancy test. Why is there no where for her to go for free test? Seriously this girl needs help first, then law after!

JJJ09

This article proves that half the **** you see on TV or hear about these girls is a damn lie! She stole a pregnancy test, okay. I bet someone that commented on this has done WAY WAY worse! I know her personally and she didn't take a damn test in the store bathroom. they caught her trying to hide a test in her jacket on her way out of wal mart. Also, her charges were all dropped! Did any of you people ever stop to think that maybe it wasnt for her?! It could have been for a friend that was to scared to tell anyone else. Every single one of you people that posted on here are complete idiots. What her mom does has nothing to do with her either. She hasnt really even had anything to do with her mom. All you people know is what you hear about her then you go making assumptions about everything. Not every young person that has a child is a POS parent! People that sit on their lazy ass and have nothing better to do than comment on **** they know nothing about and make rude, ignorant assumptions should be the ones getting sterilized..STUPID people shouldn't reproduce!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments